2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am delighted with my 2.2 turbo diesel, but over the last couple of months it has developed a noise from the dashboard, it sounds like a drop of water hitting the windscreen (like if you go under trees when it has been raining) me and my wife have pressed and held every piece of plastic and trim we can possibly reach but still can't find it. Originally it was happening just occasionally as I drove along on the flat, but it is getting more frequent and now happens as I drive over bumps as well. Any suggestions gratefully received - its driving me nuts!

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi my car is going in to have its dashboard removed to fix 6 rattles and also suspension knocking and handbrake! Hope they can sort it out as it is driving me nuts and will eventually get rid of it and not buy another Honda.
To compare how bad its got my wifes 6 year old beetle makes no rattles and both of the skoda vrs's I have owned made no rattles and were much better screwed together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a low frequency tapping sound from the windscreen/dash area within a few days of collecting my car July 2008.
That was cured by the dealer: cleaned the glass under the cowl where it contacts the screen (common problem I think).
They also cured a dash rattle near the LHS of the steering (behind the climate sensor slots I think they said)
Also had a front passenger seat tapping noise silenced (a loose wire in the seat back apparently).
That was last summer!
Since then a far less annoying, but only occasional, dash buzz has developed which can wait until it gets worse .... when I can't ignore it any more then a day at the dealers it is.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Creaks and stuff!

car went into dealers for rattles and strange handbrake creaking!
any way gave them list and was told that needed steering wheel airbag and some suspension rod to sort out knocking and also couldnt hear tweeter buzz or winscreen knocking- both of which are still there
On tues was told that ***** from honda was in this week and would look at my back brakes which as far as I was aware were not dodgy as just had a service and not highlighted- anyway now have on the back new discs pads and calipers under warranty !! Not complaining but ***!!
car will go in again so I can highlight windsvreen cowl and tweeter buzz and hopefully they will wash my car as been in stealers twice this week and not a drop of water touched my car!
last moan -
***** reversed into me a few weeks ago whilst parked and asked if kit at back could be put back in during my cars 2 day visit this week to stealer and was informed that it would infact take an hours labour and when I asked how much this would be...... £75 .. Told them to leave it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
if the civic like every other car hadn't bled so much money then I would probably change it which is a shame as its a great car to drive but just far too many niggles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
RE the noise near the climate slots...

I think the technician said there is a small fan inside which can vibrate causing a buzz/rattle. Exactly how it was cured I know not but the dealer had seen a few others with the problem.

I hope Honda are using their 4 month long shutdown at the Swindon plant to re-think the way the Civic dash is screwed together (oh, and figure out why some diesel gearboxes are so notchy !)
They could then market the 2009 model as being a rattle-free, driving machine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
rattle rattle rattle

well after my cars two day long visit last week and after repeated requests to fix the rattling tweeter and windscreen cowl/ knocking the noises are now getting on my nerves !! Almost as much as the rattling airbag and knocking suspension both of which are fixed but now highlighting other noises aaaaaaah!!!
never had any of these problems with either my mk1 Octavia vrs or mk 1 fabia vrs both of which were cosiderably cheaper cars.

If only the fabia had been bigger for my sons childseat!!!

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
well after my cars two day long visit last week and after repeated requests to fix the rattling tweeter and windscreen cowl/ knocking the noises are now getting on my nerves !! Almost as much as the rattling airbag and knocking suspension both of which are fixed but now highlighting other noises aaaaaaah!!!
never had any of these problems with either my mk1 Octavia vrs or mk 1 fabia vrs both of which were cosiderably cheaper cars.

If only the fabia had been bigger for my sons childseat!!!
Have a look at my Previous car pics Dave:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/members/robbo51-albums-my-former-skoda-fabia-vrs.html

·
Registered
52 Posts
yip just like that 1 with a lovely star performance map to190 bhp and 285 lb of torque!!
miss the old girl!!
would have left the type r I bought after it for dead .... In a straight line !!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
if its not financial suicide at the end of the year with car prices then Ican see the civic turning into a lovely rattle free mk2 octavia vrs diesel!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts