2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting this rattle near the rev counter (right side) can't seem to completely get rid of it, today I managed to sort out the windscreen cowl and some cracks and rattle have gone.

I've tried over 6 times to fix the dash, as in take the whole dash apart glueing, taping and even oiling and no luck at all

When I apply a fair amount of pressure around the VSA switch and air vent plastic area its seem to go away for abit, any suggestions??

btw I have replaced my dash facsia from a 2006 civic (also rattle) for a 2009 civic dash

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
If you've had the dash apart and you haven't found anything that is must be coming from somewhere else. I had a really annoying rattle and I could swear blind it was coming from my glove box, when I investigated (ripped whole dash apart, glovebox, centre console etc...) it was a plastic bracket behind the stereo that had snapped and knocking against itself.

My advise would be to take the centre console and dash apart as best you can following some of the How2's on here and work your way around looking from anything broken, loose etc...

Does this rattle happen at fast, low or all speeds?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you've had the dash apart and you haven't found anything that is must be coming from somewhere else. I had a really annoying rattle and I could swear blind it was coming from my glove box, when I investigated (ripped whole dash apart, glovebox, centre console etc...) it was a plastic bracket behind the stereo that had snapped and knocking against itself.

My advise would be to take the centre console and dash apart as best you can following some of the How2's on here and work your way around looking from anything broken, loose etc...

Does this rattle happen at fast, low or all speeds?
its much more noticeable when i put my foot down below 3000rpm,

but I am almost certains its the dash, I manage to sort out alots of the other problems without any issues with a civic, Im just stuffed on this one :(

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
its much more noticeable when i put my foot down below 3000rpm,

but I am almost certains its the dash, I manage to sort out alots of the other problems without any issues with a civic, Im just stuffed on this one :(
I don't know if it's the same rattle but I have one coming from a similar place. Mine appears to be coming from the tweeter, though when I hold in the plastic fascia for the rev counter, it goes away.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally! I fixed the annoying rattle, my Civic is great again!

I just wedged a small piece of card inbetween the gaps of the km/h mph button and the dash fascia

no more rattle!!! just to let people know :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This sounds exactly like my problem. When you say facia do you mean the gloss screen or the black plastic bit around the steering wheel.

I've tried putting some card into the gap between FSA button and the Steering wheel part. Nothing stopped.

It's the most annoying noise. Like someone rustling tin foil!!

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
I used to get a noise from the top of the rev counter where it met the black plastic. I also just wedged some card up there...until it disapeared :-D No more rattle at the moment though :-D

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
I used to get a noise from the top of the rev counter where it met the black plastic. I also just wedged some card up there...until it disapeared :-D No more rattle at the moment though :-D
I've got the same noise coming from the top of the rev counter... Gets worse in rough asphalt/ dirt roads and disappears in smooth tarmac...
It is driving me (and the wife) NUTS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.