2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst looking around the inside my car yesterday - finding out where the fuses are etc., I noticed this 5mm gap between the centre console and the dashboard where the radio/CD controls are.

The dash fits perfect on both the passenger and drivers side but bulges in the centre, I've tried giving it a gentle push to see if it'll clip in or fit better but nope, she won't budge.

Do you guys have a similar problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not much gap there on mine, though it is slightly greater in the middle under the main knob

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm..................so, none of you have the gap that what I have?

Do you think the gap (pic above) is excessive?

B.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Yes I do. You shouldn't be able to poke things up there. It just hasn't been fitted properly, take it to the dealer and have a look at some others in the showroom.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Checked mine, fits perfectly, perhaps you have got one of the new narrow Civics but they used a standard dash.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This gap was on all the Sport models in the dealers - even in a different one (I went to 2 as I didn't believe the 1st). Its basically an upgraded radio they've installed on the Sport model.

I wondered why I could pick up a really clear signal of BBC Bristol on my car - couldn't get it before on my Ford. I can't see the gap unless I crank my head under it so it doesn't bother me. I'm just chuffed I've got a really good radio so thumbs up :D

·
Mr Blue Sky
11 Posts
No gap on mine but has any one noticed the discolouration on the dash above the speedo,tried to polish it afew times but makes no difference.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This gap was on all the Sport models in the dealers - even in a different one (I went to 2 as I didn't believe the 1st). Its basically an upgraded radio they've installed on the Sport model.
It looks to me like the centre console has not been fitted properly into its clips, particularly if the radio base lines up with the dash on either side.

http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php/Info_-_getting_in_to_the_dash

If the dealer has replaced/upgraded the radio they may not have put it back together properly. There is no gap at all on mine and that photo does not look right! HTH, Ian

·
Registered
512 Posts
Dashboard gap

I have been cleaning my car today and noticed this gap that runs along the whole lenght of the dash. There is no give in it so I think its normal just want to double check.

Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
if someone could take a pic of theres that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have a feeling that the dealer may not have re fitted the dash properly after fitting the ipod adapter. Some photos to compare would be nice. ta

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,811 Posts
There is a very small gap and Brodit take advantage of this with one of their mounts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts