2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only just picked my trpe r up and have a question ?

I am sure I have read on here some where that large round rev display on the dash lights up when in the vtec zone ???

Is this somthing I have to turn on, as mine doesnt seem to do it ?

if so how ?

Thanks guys

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I think your thinking of the little red rev lights opposite the ECO lights.

Tom

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have seen the red rev indicator ! but i thought the rev counter glows at night with lights on ?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Hi Montymole1,

Yes you do need to switch on the i-Vtec light by going into the configuration of your display via the steering wheel controls. If you have a look in the manual the instructions are fairly simple (although navigating through the menus takes a bit of getting used to but is easy enough once you get the hang of it). Some dealers switch it on for you but mine did not, daft really you would have thought that Honda would default this option to on (I suppose it is one way of making you explore the feature of your car).

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok - im lost !

The only light i have tht goes red when the vtec kicks in is a little red light in the top right hand side where it says i-vtec - is there another one that im missing or summit ???

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
on the 1.8, and the 2.2, we 'just' get the rev lights (3 sets of 2 LEDs).

On the R, you also get a Vtec light, just in case you missed the punch in the back :wink:

It would appear that by default, the Vtec light is turned off - and from memory there might have been a time when the rev lights default was off too.

However, both can be turned on via the dash if the dealer hasn't done it for you :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is only the red Vtec light that comes on when on the cams and that can be turned on or off , off as default the rev counter dosent glow unless Im missing something, would be cool if it did...................... come on who can make it glow if not there must be some smart arse on here that can .............

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only reason i thought it glowed was i saw it on youtube ? i better try and find it again.....

but as stated above i now have the v-tec light and the 6 led's in the left corner....buy turning the option to ON !

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
It does glow but as you say it can be turnt on/off. According to my dealer theres a limited number of people who can do this, seeing as i can do it does that make me special?!?! maybe honda should employ me!

By the way its page 129 in your instruction manual!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
It does glow but as you say it can be turnt on/off. According to my dealer theres a limited number of people who can do this, seeing as i can do it does that make me special?!?! maybe honda should employ me!

By the way its page 129 in your instruction manual!!
Nooooooooooooo youre winding me up surely?????????? Come on tell the secret about the glowing rev counter Oh special one!!!! And I'll be a friend for life................. will have to get loads more pants if it works on mine lol
Oh and does it only work when the lights are on????

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
No, 'I-vtec' lights up above the Type R on the speedo bit when you turn the engine on. Then when you get into the vtec zone a red dot lights up between them. You dont have to have the lights on.

You use the display in the middle of the rev counter to turn it on. Its all explained in the manual.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh I know all that, I thought you meant you knew how to make the rev counter glow when on the cams......tut tut I take it all back youre not the special one lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts