2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a little through town and a little on the main roads. Attempting to not use the brake pedal :popcorn::

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No unfortunately its just about to drop as im doing 2 cold 2mile journeys today ***.

Pretty pleased its acheivable though as I go on holiday to the lakes twice a year and id always got 40MPG for the entire holiday in a 1.8 celica... i think i might be able to smash my record in the Civic :)

Who needs a diesel hey!!

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I managed 40+ once, on the motorway for 40miles worth of a 50mile journey.

Half of the motorway had roadworks and average speed cameras of 50mph...

It's NOT easy :p

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I used to do 40+ on my old 25mile drive to work, country roads too, but sadly after switching jobs so the R is my second car and spending all my extra money on tuning it it never sees those figures anymore.

But it's nice to drive it like it's designed for :D

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Wow that's impressive. Going my first long run tomorrow up the hills. Probably a 100 mile round trip so I might try this. Although no doubt I'll bottle it after a few miles and start VTECing. :lol:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have forgetton what vtech is like now!! Hehe

I'd rather drive a powerful car slowly than thrash an underpowered one for the same results :)

A friend has a ford ka version2 and she gets 42mpg average per tank.

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Well you're about to be amazed, over a 100 mile journey on long winding B roads done at 40MPG. It was sooooo boring though. I'm never doing it again! :lol: Even the beautiful Scottish highlands on a bright sunny day didn't make up for the lack of VTEC.

Economical Driving in a Type-R by Rossco 7, on Flickr

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well you're about to be amazed, over a 100 mile journey on long winding B roads done at 40MPG. It was sooooo boring though. I'm never doing it again! :lol: Even the beautiful Scottish highlands on a bright sunny day didn't make up for the lack of VTEC.

Economical Driving in a Type-R by Rossco 7, on Flickr

TBH i was still onto 42MPG yesterday and on 100Miles lol

Its dropped to 38MPG this morning now as i forgot to drive economically

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you need to rev a bit higher than that. Dont go above 4K.

at 30MPH keep it in 5th. Plan to not need to brake and leave it in gear as long as possible.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
I'm normally at about 27mpg & I hardly ever get the chance to vtec due to cameras & speed bumps etc. I do only do town trips of about 8mile though. :(

Just an expensive shopping trolley really!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts