2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my bonnet wrapped over the weekend, its Deep Bronze so i thought i'd share it on here as you dont see many DBP CTR's.

I like the fact that it doesnt stand out too much, love the look of it when its close up.

I got about 1 year left now untill i can buy a proper one (when im 25).

Overall im happy with it, just some small issues with it but im hoping i can just look past them for a year!

Opinions welcome.. :)

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
how much did it cost mate looks good

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
sorry mate, but i really dont think carbon suits dark cars :(

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
+1 unless it is REAL carbon...

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There really is no need for an apology there.

It wouldnt be good if we all liked and disliked the same things, so its nice to get a different view on things :D

It cost me £80, it was done by Owls from the forums. Was planning on having Mirrors done but it kind of fell through due to time.

Like i said, some minor issues with it, not really owls fault. I seem to have a light spot on the left side (right side when looking at the car) down the strip where the bonet lifts up(Can only see it on the further away photo). Cant seem to get rid of it with anything either :(. Also seems to be cut slightly too short near the back of the bonet so i'm going to have to get something to stick it down with so it doesnt make it onto the surface.

Overall im impressed with the image and it has tempted me to buy a proper one when i'm allowed to (lol, insurance companies)

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
There really is no need for an apology there.

It wouldnt be good if we all liked and disliked the same things, so its nice to get a different view on things :D

It cost me £80, it was done by Owls from the forums. Was planning on having Mirrors done but it kind of fell through due to time.

Like i said, some minor issues with it, not really owls fault. I seem to have a light spot on the left side (right side when looking at the car) down the strip where the bonet lifts up(Can only see it on the further away photo). Cant seem to get rid of it with anything either :(. Also seems to be cut slightly too short near the back of the bonet so i'm going to have to get something to stick it down with so it doesnt make it onto the surface.

Overall im impressed with the image and it has tempted me to buy a proper one when i'm allowed to (lol, insurance companies)

thanks mate, its a fantastic job he done on it, it doesnt take anything away from the car, its just a personal view. :D

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1 unless it is REAL carbon...

I sense a grudge agesnt carbon wrap?

So your saying that if imitation and "REAL" looked the same that only the real one would look good? Makes no sense That the 'real thing' is the only way something looks good because a lot of imitations out there looks just as good.

Lets face it, we all prefer the real thing, but due to many reasons(and mine is my age for insurance) we all have to accept 2nd best for some things in life!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
The car looks awesome with the carbon hood Bizzie.Nice job;)
I think i wiil have it on my S !

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I altered the links for the photos so they are broken, so i'll post them here.

I think i might remove the wrap this weekend, the issues just keep getting to me and im not really happy anymore. :(

Looks like i'll be waiting for my real bonnet next year!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I altered the links for the photos so they are broken, so i'll post them here.

I think i might remove the wrap this weekend, the issues just keep getting to me and im not really happy anymore. :(

Looks like i'll be waiting for my real bonnet next year!
Hi,
I am attending to wrap mine, can i ask you why are you disppointed? Maybe something i forgot!!

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
I sense a grudge agesnt carbon wrap?

So your saying that if imitation and "REAL" looked the same that only the real one would look good? Makes no sense That the 'real thing' is the only way something looks good because a lot of imitations out there looks just as good.

Lets face it, we all prefer the real thing, but due to many reasons(and mine is my age for insurance) we all have to accept 2nd best for some things in life!
Not a grudge, just I had my mirror caps, Perspex grill, and eyelids carbon wrapped a while ago. Bought actual Carbon bonnet, grill, and Type R spoiler and the difference is night and day. But what is funny is that I had the wrap bug about a year and a half ago and got lots of negative feedback and now a lot of people are doing it. ;)

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hi,
I am attending to wrap mine, can i ask you why are you disppointed? Maybe something i forgot!!

I have 2 issues with the wrap, here;

And

I love the image, but after a few days i started to look more carefully and these 2 problems are putting me off the wrap.

Im not sure if i should pull it off and get it re-done, live with the issues or remove it and leave it.

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not a grudge, just I had my mirror caps, Perspex grill, and eyelids carbon wrapped a while ago. Bought actual Carbon bonnet, grill, and Type R spoiler and the difference is night and day. But what is funny is that I had the wrap bug about a year and a half ago and got lots of negative feedback and now a lot of people are doing it. ;)

I can see how that would be annoying. Personally i cant wait till i can get a real one!

I think i may just get out of the wrap idea, 1st part wrapped and disapointed already lol.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have 2 issues with the wrap, here;

And

I love the image, but after a few days i started to look more carefully and these 2 problems are putting me off the wrap.

Im not sure if i should pull it off and get it re-done, live with the issues or remove it and leave it.
Alright thanks a lot for your feedback! Which brand did you use? On the second photo the issue is the bubbles or the shiny part?

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright thanks a lot for your feedback! Which brand did you use? On the second photo the issue is the bubbles or the shiny part?

both, and i dont know the brand i didnt do this myself, Sorry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts