2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

My name is Dan and finally decided to join upto civic info as i just normally browse on here. Probably might know a few of you from CTRO, TRO, ITR-DC5.com etc

So looking to buy my 4th Type R which will be the FN2. Previous cars have been 230 Bhp EP3 a 320bhp Turbo EP3 and the Standard DC5 i have a the moment.

Cars Below

My first EP3 (my favourtie)

Ep3 Tubby

DC5

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Gorgeous DC5! Was looking into one of these not too long back but the FN2 came up at a good price. Whats sparked the change??

oh.. and welcome :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind welcome

Well my 2 Children are getting bigger day by day to need something a bit more suited towards them also. Lack of airbags in the DC5 plus how tight it is in the back is made me decide to sell it for something a "little" more family orientated

I want to give the FN2 a chance, plus my other half loves the FN2, she hates my DC5 :rolleyes:

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Thanks for the kind welcome

Well my 2 Children are getting bigger day by day to need something a bit more suited towards them also. Lack of airbags in the DC5 plus how tight it is in the back is made me decide to sell it for something a "little" more family orientated

I want to give the FN2 a chance, plus my other half loves the FN2, she hates my DC5 :rolleyes:
Stick it up for sale here on the forums and see if anyone wants it. You never never know, may even get a part ex on the go ;)

FN2 is very practical I must admit :)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Welcome, Bud :)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
I've godda say mate, that DC5 is lovely. But if it's more room/safety you're after the FN2 will deliver without killing the fun :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've godda say mate, that DC5 is lovely. But if it's more room/safety you're after the FN2 will deliver without killing the fun :)
Yeah the DC5 is a lovely car. Ill post a few more pictures up

Very true. The only thing i would of liked the FN2 to of had from factory is an LSD. I know the CW comes with one but thats a bit over my budget. Not too fused though as it is a family hatch to be used on the roads

hello and welcome ,lovely dc5 !
Cheers buddy

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
The only thing i would of liked the FN2 to of had from factory is an LSD. I know the CW comes with one but thats a bit over my budget. Not too fused though as it is a family hatch to be used on the roads
After mid 2010 they were stock on all CTR's. Also there are plenty about with aftermarket ones fitted. Check out the for sale forum, they crop up quite often :)

Nice pics, too ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah the DC5 is a lovely car. Ill post a few more pictures up

Very true. The only thing i would of liked the FN2 to of had from factory is an LSD. I know the CW comes with one but thats a bit over my budget. Not too fused though as it is a family hatch to be used on the roads

Cheers buddy

to be honest, for road driving, a standard FN2 with a fast road set up would be plenty....it kills the bit of understeer the FN2 has.

you could spend some pennies on an HKS RSK and a flashpro then..;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
to be honest, for road driving, a standard FN2 with a fast road set up would be plenty....it kills the bit of understeer the FN2 has.

you could spend some pennies on an HKS RSK and a flashpro then..;)
I just dont want to catch the modding bug. Its so tempting just to go and get flash pro and run a generic map just so i can raise the limiter from 8200 to 8600, so use to having my last 3 Type R's with a limiter of 8600

Fast road setup made a huge difference on my EP3, could also be tempted to do this aswell but that where it all starts :p

Welcome Bud!

Love the DC5, probably my favourite Type-R :p
Yeah its deffo my favourite too but the FN2 has grown on me lately. Might just be me getting older :sad:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Welcome.

Love the dc5, would have had one when I bought my ctr but got a whiff of insurance costs for men over 30 and almost fainted.

If not for that I'd have one tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts