2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have done loads of reading on the forum to find questions, but its seems most *** or referring to the entire manifold and not just the decat.
My question is as follows:

I am lucky enought to have a TypeR, the FN2 is the first official TypeR in South Africa, if the EP3 was available i would have had the one aswell

But we are unlucky in the sense that our ECU is different, so we unable to use Hondata or Kpro etc etc :(

I have purchased a japspeed decat/downpipe - i am dying to fit it but have been warned about the car running too lean and burning valves?
can i install it with out changes to the ECU ? my worry is that if i need to map the ECU i would have to use a "piggy back" system and i am not keen on cutting into the wiring harness.

On the other hand a few *** have told me that the ECU will adjust itself?

Please could someone shed some light on this please as i am really keen on fitting it but i dont want to damage my car

any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!
could anyone else confirm this please :confused:
like i said the last thing I want to is to cause problems

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
You will run leaner but the standard car runs pig rich anyway so you won't do any harm but you will more than likely get engine management light showing on the dash and no the ECU will not adjust to this.

Power gains will be very very marginal if none at all, it's not worth the hassle or money in my opinion.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend of mine has the exact same de-cat and he claims he definately picked up more performance and a noise difference?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i want too but as mentioned i am worried about the car running to lean, but if you recon it runs rich the leaning out should not be a problem??

thanks for your help

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,601 Posts
youll get a noise difference and you may be lucky enough to make a big pop! other than that you wont get any performance gains

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,601 Posts
pops are good :) youll have a deeper sounding noise and the 'pop'

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,601 Posts
yes sir a backfire pop :) i had my front and middle box cut out from my exhaust and fitted with custom made pipes (basically a custom exhaust) and it does pop on each gear change :) but im trading it in tonight!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey all
i have had it fitted......

no engine light, a change in the tone of the car and i have noticed a improvement in performance, it seems to be reving up quicker!!

cant wait to race the wife in the Focus ST (i think you call it the XR5?)

thanks for all the advise!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hey All,

I am lucky enought to have a TypeR, the FN2 is the first official TypeR in South Africa, if the EP3 was available i would have had the one aswell

But we are unlucky in the sense that our ECU is different, so we unable to use Hondata or Kpro etc etc :(
You are able to use Hondata, but :

Hondata -

"Our enquiries lead us to believe that the RSP-E03 would be a direct replacement. The main differences between the RSP-E03 and RSP-N02 are that the RSP-E03 needs the VIN number programmed into it. You would need to check to see if your Honda dealer could program the VIN number.
Alternatively you could purchase a used RSC-E02/E03 that already has a vin number programmed into it"

And belive me it's possible for sure.

It's just a matter of money ;)

Cheers
Dawid S

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You are able to use Hondata, but :

Hondata -

"Our enquiries lead us to believe that the RSP-E03 would be a direct replacement. The main differences between the RSP-E03 and RSP-N02 are that the RSP-E03 needs the VIN number programmed into it. You would need to check to see if your Honda dealer could program the VIN number.
Alternatively you could purchase a used RSC-E02/E03 that already has a vin number programmed into it"

And belive me it's possible for sure.

It's just a matter of money ;)

Cheers
Dawid S

thank you !
do you have an idea of the cost??

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you like to I would ask someone, who is dealing with that kind of operation.
I will let you know as soon as I have the information.

Dawid S

1 - 20 of 93 Posts