2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should a battery last for? Mine died today in a 2008 car and its just done some motorway miles over the weekend. Are batteries covered by the warranty (can hope)?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
has your car had the MICU update? If not, ask your local dealership about it. Alot of cars had an issue with one of the fuseboxes, where certain electrical items would drain the battery once the car was locked.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I think that's as long as you can expect your battery to last: my Civic has just had it's 3rd battery, and it's a 2006 car.
I had a year 2000 Polo for 8 years and never had to replace the battery, every car is different. Civic's seem to be sore on them, and the recent cold weather won't help.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
has your car had the MICU update? If not, ask your local dealership about it. Alot of cars had an issue with one of the fuseboxes, where certain electrical items would drain the battery once the car was locked.
Auto-lights and auto-wipers will drain the battery even with the ignition off on earlier civics.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I have owned my CTR since Sunday and last night at about 10pm, miles from home, found I had a dead battery. I checked everything to see what I had left on and the only thing I could find were the auto wipers... not that I thought that would effect a car that was not running. From now on NOTHING gets left on. All good fun eh :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts