2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a card through from my dealers over the weekend advertising an accident helpline service.

Basically if you call, they will pick you up and take you to a Honda garage, fix the car and sort it with your insurance company direct.

It seems attractive as a) you are guaranteed to go to a Honda garage b) they promise a like-for-like courtesy car for a decent amount of time (although this is only 48 hours if accident was your fault).

Maybe it is the cars that I have owned previously, but I have never come across a scheme like that before.

If I were to call them (the dealers), what would my insurance company have to say about it? Would they care? Would I lose the benefits that I get from my motor insurance direct?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Often these sort of schemes work by the company charging the hire car and expenses to the guilty party in the accident. If there is no guilty party, or you are to blame, then you end up forking out for this. I would read the small print very carefully as someone somewhere has to pay for the service.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Often these sort of schemes work by the company charging the hire car and expenses to the guilty party in the accident. If there is no guilty party, or you are to blame, then you end up forking out for this. I would read the small print very carefully as someone somewhere has to pay for the service.
That was the thing, there was NO small print, just a flier and a card to put in your wallet/car.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
My Dealer informed me that Hondacare assist (or whatever it's called) will rescue or recover you, for 3 years after purchase, even if its because of an accident.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Dealer informed me that Hondacare assist (or whatever it's called) will rescue or recover you, for 3 years after purchase, even if its because of an accident.
Yes, it was the like-for-like courtesy car bit that was nice - I don't think that Honda Assist guarantees you that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts