2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently had my car serviced by Honda, but when I got it back there were scratches on the steering wheel leather. It is damaged in two separate areas on the outer edge of the wheel, in the 3-o'clock and 6-o'clock positions.

It perhaps doesn't look like much on the pictures, but I feel them every time I drive and don't think I should have to. The car is otherwise very well looked after, I work from home and hardly use it so going for a drive is supposed to be a treat but this spoils it for me.

I reported it to the service manager, but she is adamant that nothing in their garage could have caused it. She discussed with the branch manager who obviously agreed with her, but as a "good will gesture" they offered to have a go with the polisher on it for me.

To me it looks like something with a hard edge has been dragged along these points, but I don't know what it could be. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause?

That's the first question and the second is what to do now; How can I escalate it when the garage has denied any wrongdoing?

Thanks,

Al

Attachments

·
What ya at
841 Posts
Wow that looks bad, looks like the person/mechanic that was driving your car was holding another set of keys in there hands while turning the steering wheel on your car.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
you can lodge a complaint by letter or email
that gives you some evidence of there refusal to deal with it
then it would be citizens advice and small claims court
you could also contact honda uk as the garage is trading as a franchise of honda uk
it might be worth saying you are posting on honda forums aswell as social media and that people on the forums will know they damaged it and refuse to take responsibility for it

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies. If it was a set of keys, then that ties in with what she was saying regarding "nothing in the workshop caused this"...

I heard that garages use a clamp on the steering wheel when they check alignment; could this have been the cause?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts