2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i wont reveal the name of the dealer until this matter is resolved

however today I picked up my car after 2 weeks of them making repairs under warranty. I have them 2 weeks instead of a few days, because last time they decided to do it in a day, they damaged the side curtain airbag trim and it was loose.

What i handed it in for
- Clutch problems - "crunching" noise. needed replacing
- front A pillar loose (service engineer insisted the windscreen crowl was caused by it, whilst attempting to repair it, he caused more damage and it was very lose, rattled even more when it didnt rattle in the first place.)
- Rear suspension noise
- Dash rattles
- Rattles near the vanity mirrors
- windscreen crowl

What they fixed

- clutch
- suspension, (seemingly)

what isnt fixed
- windscreen crowl even though they say its fixed
- dash rattle
- Air bag glued on, illegal tampering

The damage caused
- Chewing gum spat on the passenger carpet footwell. Not accidentally, a big gobby chewing gum, a right mouthful. Spat out, stepped on, no attempt to clean it up
- Front A pillar SUPER GLUED ON!!!! Very firmly super glued on. ie i tried forcing it off, its solid. I doubt this would pass MOT, i doubt these airbags would deploy. I would like to know where in any manual it says its ok to glue air bags
- Door damaged. the door was scuffed or scratched either by the tools or by another car door. Fairly noticeable, driver side
- Passenger side scratches that i am sure werent there previously!

Service quality
- car wasnt valeted at all, infact it was very very dirty. I had cleaned it the day before i handed it in
- car damaged
- Service secretary - not neccessairly rude, but definately not polite. Didnt offer me a drink while i waited whilst other customers were offered drinks. Didnt listen to me. Didnt really pay much attention at all to anything i said.
- manager apologetic but no firm agreements made on how it will be dealt with

what are my rights in this scenario? i am absaloutely LIVID, so so angry about this situation!

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
I'd phone Honda directly and voice your concerns about the air bag issue. I'm sure they will take it seriously as it is a safety concern.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Firstly, - Place the details you have posted in the form of a letter.
Send it by recorded delivery, - "For The Attention Of Mr Ken Kier, Managing Director, Honda Uk. and insist on a response within 7 - 10 days.
That will give his secretary time to receive a reply from the Dealership.
I know it's easy to say, but hang on and see, as I have been there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the replies. I am definately going to write a letter and get on the phones. Repairing the car simply isnt enough. This is disresepecful. So disrespectful! I feel insulted!

Firstly, - Place the details you have posted in the form of a letter.
Send it by recorded delivery, - "For The Attention Of Mr Ken Kier, Managing Director, Honda Uk. and insist on a response within 7 - 10 days.
That will give his secretary time to receive a reply from the Dealership.
I know it's easy to say, but hang on and see, as I have been there.
Thanks Jack, you saved me having to find that out the long way.

what happened with you?

personally im so disgusted, i turned 21, was meant to go out with some friends this week. I dont think the car is safe personally, civic won me over with 5 star safety and reputation. Both were damaged severely by what just happened. I can honestly say, i wouldnt wish this on anyone's car. It takes the spark out of it, the gloss out of it. to make it worse, its only 6000 miles old.....

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
My Story has been posted way back ,but involved the purchase of 50k worth of Honda Prelude's 2.2 Motegi's in 98 & 99.
P.S. Send a copy of your letter to the head of your Dealership, - again recorded delivery.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will check it out now

I feel so offended man, would sincerely recommend anyone avoids this place.....There are much better honder dealerships, 20-30 mins down the road. Its worth the trip, these guys have no interest in customer satisfaction

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Thats disgusting pal. Terrible service id get onto the dealer you took it to get round there have the manager out show him whats happened if they dont seem bothered take it higher.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
wow rick, i read most of that post before it was edited. I feel your pain, im sure these guys can provide good quality service, im sure sometimes they do. But this time, i find it hard to excuse. I mean with something as basic as just replacing the clip if its worn.

It just makes you wonder what else they get up to internally, where it may not be immediately apparent that it is a botch job!

Thats disgusting pal. Terrible service id get onto the dealer you took it to get round there have the manager out show him whats happened if they dont seem bothered take it higher.
the manager saw it. he offered repair and a valet.

imo its not enough. Finding a rattle and fixing it can be a problem. i let them off but this is different! just a bit too far. i definitely deserve more

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
rite to service manager and demand explanation and it be out right...... i would cc Honda uk as well..... there taking the moick cause your young!! No way should you accept it

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Grr bloody dealers!! Brings back memories from my nightmares with Lookers Honda! Sorry to read all of your troubles :( nothing worse than that. I feel your pain.

As already stated, get everything in writing to both the DP and Honda UK. It will more than likely be a drawn out affair but you will get there in the end! I did.. eventually!!

In my experience, I would advise you to keep your letter to two pages maximum. If you dont get a response in a week ring HUK and remind them!! 0845 200 8000

Good luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rite to service manager and demand explanation and it be out right...... i would cc Honda uk as well..... there taking the moick cause your young!! No way should you accept it
definately the plan for tomorrow. I will visit them, tell them what I think of their service and how it can affect their reputation. I doubt Honda will be too happy to hear this either. They lack respect

Grr bloody dealers!! Brings back memories from my nightmares with Lookers Honda! Sorry to read all of your troubles :( nothing worse than that. I feel your pain.

As already stated, get everything in writing to both the DP and Honda UK. It will more than likely be a drawn out affair but you will get there in the end! I did..
HTML:
eventually!
!

In my experience, I would advise you to keep your letter to two pages maximum. If you dont get a response in a week ring HUK and remind them!! 0845 200 8000

Good luck
Lookers Honda, now that's interesting. What happened with you? What problems did you have and how did you sort it

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Another suggestion could be to also put it on Honda UK's Facebook page, they normally respond to messages written there, good luck hope they sort your problems pdq.:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another suggestion could be to also put it on Honda UK's Facebook page, they normally respond to messages written there, good luck hope they sort your problems pdq.:D
haha, I want to write on their, but I have to "like" them first. Thats very hard right now. Wish me luck alan. I hope so, the manager seemed kind enough, but this is business.

Im after 3 things
1. an explanation - how the hell can anyone do that to someone else's property, and who is the pillok that tampered with the air bags
2. A solution - how will each of these things be put right
3. compensation and an apology - for the inconvenience, the damage and the lack of professionalism

how easily i get these 3 things determines whether or not name these people personally and report them to trading standards aswell as honda UK. Certain branches MUST be avoided. Honestly. Everyone here is on here because they have a car they love.

If you love your car you should not under any circumstances hand it over to such thugs. I will try my best to make sure it doesnt happen to anyone else. Even if it means showcasing my car outside for people to judge service standards themselves.

the managers own words were "I am ashamed"

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
You have my sympathy, has a vauxhall dealer liike that about 5 years ago when Tesco had fuel problems, they had it 2.5 weeks £400 bill and they still did not know what the problem was.
Only had our car since the end of March, but they have been really good, shame your dealer does not have the same approach, our car is probably our 2nd most expensive buy so we deserve more respect, fingers crossed. :D

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Lookers Honda, now that's interesting. What happened with you? What problems did you have and how did you sort it
They were just a nightmare to deal with, very rude service staff, not very accomodating, lies, bullying attitudes.. you name it I experienced it lol.

Was just a few things wrong with my car :worms: They did eventually almost all get sorted but it was like pulling teeth. Several letters to Lookers and to HUK did see things right but complaints take time and perserverence! I have also assisted another member in resolving their complaint but I cant remember when that one started its been so long!

Im after 3 things
1. an explanation - how the hell can anyone do that to someone else's property, and who is the pillok that tampered with the air bags
2. A solution - how will each of these things be put right
3. compensation and an apology - for the inconvenience, the damage and the lack of professionalism
It doesnt sound like you are asking for a lot and seems quite reasonable considering! I wouldnt expect anything major in terms of compensation though, it may not happen. I investigate complaints for a living and Honda really tested my patience lol :popcorn2:

If I can be of any assistance, just let me know

·
Registered
179 Posts
There do seem to be some shocking dealers out there, and can't say I've been satisfied with the service I've received before. You've had a really bad experience but don't think you can expect compensation though, but a goodwill gesture would be good

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
They were just a nightmare to deal with, very rude service staff, not very accomodating, lies, bullying attitudes.. you name it I experienced it lol.

Was just a few things wrong with my car :worms: They did eventually almost all get sorted but it was like pulling teeth. Several letters to Lookers and to HUK did see things right but complaints take time and perserverence! I have also assisted another member in resolving their complaint but I cant remember when that one started its been so long!

It doesnt sound like you are asking for a lot and seems quite reasonable considering! I wouldnt expect anything major in terms of compensation though, it may not happen. I investigate complaints for a living and Honda really tested my patience lol :popcorn2:

If I can be of any assistance, just let me know

I had poor customer service with the Enfield Honda branch, they were rude and never returned your calls. They are OK to take your money but aftersales and servicing were totally rubbish. I'd never go back, it makes me angry just thinking about them and how they treated me. I did complain to Honda HQ and they eventually sent them all to a customer care course, not that it has helped them.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
right, gonna risk a kicking here but here goes....

firstly - Chewing gum spat on the passenger carpet footwell. Not accidentally, a big gobby chewing gum, a right mouthful. Spat out, stepped on, no attempt to clean it up. So, not at all possible that its been picked up on someones shoe and accidentally trodden into the car?? You actually SAW the guy spit it into the car???

secondly - Front A pillar SUPER GLUED ON!!!! Very firmly super glued on. ie i tried forcing it off, its solid. I doubt this would pass MOT, i doubt these airbags would deploy. I would like to know where in any manual it says its ok to glue air bags. Is the cover 'glued' on or the actual air bag unit underneath? If it is so securely stuck, how do you know its been superglued on? I can assure you that the force generated when a bag deploys wouldnt be troubled by glue for sure and as for the MOT rant, since when does and MOT check A pillar airbags?? as long as the SRS light isnt on, all clear.

As with the damage, if you check the condition report that you signed when you took your car in, you'll know straight away whether it has been damaged or not.:popcorn2:

Now, dont get me wrong, I see alot of things in your post that aren't acceptable in any way and i'm not justifying anything at all, however, you seem to have a few facts over-dramatised and are ranting on alot about Respect and compensation over and above a repair.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts