2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a section where we can name and shame dealers. I for one would recommend mine as I have been dealt with in a very professional manner but the bloke in the next city/town may not . There is a lot of talk about bad dealers in the forum but i suspect that there is many good ones too and it is only fair that they get the mention that they deserve. This way we can highlight trends etc and do the poor ones out of business whilst rewarding the good ones with our business

·
Registered
8 Posts
hmm

I like the thinking but would it be effective? It's also rather cruel. It would be nice though for the poorer performing dealers to see this and learn from it, rather than it be their demise.

I bet a poll comparing independent dealers to franchised ones would reveal some trends, i personally found my dealer much more helpful and professional before the owner retired and sold out to a large franchise

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I've used three so far and they have all been poor! The usual issues such as only sorting 1 out of a list of 5 problems, damaging the car and minimal communication.

As much as I love my Civic, I doubt I will buy another Honda based on my experience so far. I know alot of brands have there problems, but given the high status of the Honda brand, I had high expectations.

When I bought the Civic, my wife bought a Fiesta at the same time and I know it's only one dealer, but the service from Ford has been 100% than that from Honda.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used three so far and they have all been poor! The usual issues such as only sorting 1 out of a list of 5 problems, damaging the car and minimal communication.

As much as I love my Civic, I doubt I will buy another Honda based on my experience so far. I know alot of brands have there problems, but given the high status of the Honda brand, I had high expectations.

When I bought the Civic, my wife bought a Fiesta at the same time and I know it's only one dealer, but the service from Ford has been 100% than that from Honda.
Surely then this is a good case for the above mentioned list ? Not all dealerships will be bad and it is unfair to blame Honda as it ultimately is down to the dealership carrying out the repairs . Say for arguments sake you could travel a little further knowing you are visiting a good dealer that could sort your problems wouldn't this be worth it ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is it

That is it yes but placing it on the main menu for the forum would perhaps encourage more input (Didn't even look there) :)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Perhaps Honda are not directly to blame for some dealerships lack of service, but it IS their responsibility to sort the bad dealers out, especially if they care about their reputation. Honda dealerships are the ambassadors of Honda and apart from the product; the dealerships are the most visible/accessible part of Honda.

I think you are right Steampig, it should be on the main page (As long as it is honest opinion and not liablas). Perhaps it could be done like the feedback system in ebay.

If Honda/the dealers don't like what they see, then they should take action to improve their service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts