2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Chaps,

I noticed everytime I take Betty into the garage for work to be done, the dashcam is always unplugged.. This time, the car was due for rear 1/4 seal replacement n rear bumper trim replacement under warranty (bodywork) and still the cam is unplugged...
Do you guys get this? Is their a reason why they do it. The thought that some twonk is taking my beloved car for a "thrash" crosses my mind - and if I find that's true, heads will roll....

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
They shouldn't touch your personal items at all. I would raise a complaint. Seems dodgy to me. If they play the card of privacy or what ever then why do they have a wall of windows where you can watch your car get MOT'd? Seems rather dodgy

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,935 Posts
Are the unplugging it to prevent quicker battery drain? Whilst working on the vehicle I bet they can easily leave the ignition on/not running for quite a while.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not been out for a blast, but brought from the workshop to the car park at a fair rate of knots.. my lowest driveabilty score for the month, cause I was not at the wheel.. hmmmm.

Attachments

·
i-Vtec
1,497 Posts
Next time request the tech doesnt touch your dash cam, its there for their protection too, so no one is abusing your car whilst its in. They might say its a privacy thing. Point out you also have GPS tracking too.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
when mine went in for clutch dash cam was pointing to the sky
id rather they just switched off or unplugged rather than altering angle it was set at

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Install a covert second dashcam :wink3:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Mine went it for it's first service a couple of month back and that got unplugged too, same dealer, never checked the data Doh!....not sure why they didn't just drive yours up the ramp, no need to take it on the road?

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
We have dash cams fitted and I have only ever had it un plugged once which was an old guy I do not believe works there now. I was pissed as he had no right to mess with it and lets be honest when he has the bonnet up you would not see anything either. However having said that I do not check any of the footage as I do not believe that I need to and if I believe I need to check this every time the car goes in then to be honest I should not be using the dealer if I do not trust them.

Personally I would rather remove and sell the units but if I did we would have an accident and then I would wish it was still fitted.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,023 Posts
What's the law regarding this? Is it illegal to film someone without their permission in a private place?

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I asked a mate how works for BMW if they did the same and he said yes, they are told to as not to show the layout inside the garage :surprise:

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
What's the law regarding this? Is it illegal to film someone without their permission in a private place?
there is a law about photographing /filming people without there permission
its 1 off them grey areas
I think that's part the reason you get a warning sticker for to put in window
its like shops/firms need to display signs saying they use cctv

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
too be honest I think it would be better to ask the owner to disconnect before dropping car off
id rather they asked or disconnected mine rather than pushing it up towards the sky
after all it can be tricky getting right angle at times
mines due for service in about a month ill ask them about it when I book it in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts