2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst I had excellent service from my dealer and am happy to recommend them - they have put their standard white advert sticker at the top of my rear window - it has to go .....

When pealed back it leaves a white sticky glue mess, any recommendation on what to use to remove it??

Thanks

Smifffy

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I use my finger with a cloth, dab the end of your cloth covered finger with a little White Spirit and it should just vanish before your eyes. :shock:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Any tar and glue remover should do a nice job for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a similar sticky glue after removing the honda tax disc holder from the front windscreen. It was easily removed with some WD-40 :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a similar sticky glue after removing the honda tax disc holder from the front windscreen. It was easily removed with some WD-40 :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the ideas all, I'll try alan4oalt's white spirit as I have some in the garage, will report back.

Smifffy

·
Registered
226 Posts
Don't be having a *** whilst you do it.

Top safety sdvice that!!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I always ask for the dealers NOT to put stickers in my windows and obscure my vision, nothing worse IMHO of looking in a rear-view mirror and seeing the same sticker/words everyday!!! One and only time they did it to me I got them to remove it for me.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Try this.......

A small squirt of WD40 will remove sticky residue from those dreadful dealer stickers.

Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
Label remover from Maplin is great for removing all sorts of sticky stuff & labels.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Last winter when I got my baby, visited another dealer with Honda service, they removed the other dealer's ugly sticker from the rear window without any extra charge. Guess they were happy too to get rid of it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Deodorants (Y), Just go buy some cheap stuff... :) Works a treat and leaves a nice smell, depending what you go for:D

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Used my hair dryer and it lifted off no problem. I did it on the driveway using the extension cable! The window just needed a quick wipeover with some white spirit to remove the residue.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts