2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why Oh Why would some clown in a Corsa want to race me at 5.30am on my way to work? :confused: Blew him away lol but slowed right down because a camera was up ahead. (He didnt know). He was laughing and thought he beat me but WHAM! straight through the camera he went. Points on his licence and a fine lol that will teach him. :police:
What is it with some people everytime they see a CTR they want to race. I just laugh at them.:VTECSMILEY::VTECSMILEY:

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I tried racing a 458 the other day. He didn't even need to drop down a gear to scream past lol.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Iv once raced golf buggies, needless to say it never ended well and we never finished the 18 holes...

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
I've had that a few times in the mornings.
I think they see the badge as an invitation to race or a challenge or something! :confused:

I just leave them to it content in the knowledge I could destroy them if I wanted.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
It's not the badge...
I dont have the badge and every idiot on the road decide he wants to 'try it on' with me...

Luckily i have lots of 'go' for such times, but it sure is anoying HAVING to waste my fuel on these people :p

I wont lie, i chase the odd 'exotic' car for laugh when im out & about, i guess it's only the same!

·
Registered
71 Posts
i had this on the way home from work last week...
chaved up corsa was doing 45mph on a 60mph road went to overtake and then while level with him he decidied to floor it.... prat!!!
obviously i got in front of him but wheres the need???

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
i had this on the way home from work last week...
chaved up corsa was doing 45mph on a 60mph road went to overtake and then while level with him he decidied to floor it.... prat!!!
obviously i got in front of him but wheres the need???
Some people do this on purpose to bait you into an overtake, it's happened to me before more than once.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Some people do this on purpose to bait you into an overtake, it's happened to me before more than once.
Once saw some knobhead in a tuned EK9 do this to a shiny new 5 series beamer. Nearly caused a head on collision with a lorry!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Once saw some knobhead in a tuned EK9 do this to a shiny new 5 series beamer. Nearly caused a head on collision with a lorry!
Which one were you driving? :rofl:

:p

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Couple of weeks ago some complete idiot in a mg zr was driving right up my arse , i gave it a bit of beans to put some space between us and then slowed down , he came speeding right back and overtook me on solid white lines , saw the lights change to green on the one way bridge ahead and so stayed on the wrong side of the road to go over it. The traffic waiting at the lights set off (obviously thats what cars do when lights change to green), this guys one remaining brain cell realised he wasn't going to make it so slammed on the anchors. Large plume of blue smoke frome his tyres and he bounced his car off the side of the bridge lol , all traffic stopped and he preceded to scrape his car all round the side of the bridge and sped off :) , just wish he had stuffed it good and proper so i could have wound my window down and laughed.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Couple of weeks ago some complete idiot in a mg zr was driving right up my arse , i gave it a bit of beans to put some space between us and then slowed down , he came speeding right back and overtook me on solid white lines , saw the lights change to green on the one way bridge ahead and so stayed on the wrong side of the road to go over it. The traffic waiting at the lights set off (obviously thats what cars do when lights change to green), this guys one remaining brain cell realised he wasn't going to make it so slammed on the anchors. Large plume of blue smoke frome his tyres and he bounced his car off the side of the bridge lol , all traffic stopped and he preceded to scrape his car all round the side of the bridge and sped off :) , just wish he had stuffed it good and proper so i could have wound my window down and laughed.
Was the MG ZR any of these ??.:chav:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Why Oh Why would some clown in a Corsa want to race me at 5.30am on my way to work? :confused: Blew him away lol but slowed right down because a camera was up ahead. (He didnt know). He was laughing and thought he beat me but WHAM! straight through the camera he went. Points on his licence and a fine lol that will teach him. :police:
What is it with some people everytime they see a CTR they want to race. I just laugh at them.:VTECSMILEY::VTECSMILEY:
Contradictory comments. Could well be a thread on www.clowninfo.com or www.littleshoppingcarsinfo.com stating why oh why do Type R drivers get uppity when you over take and insist on racing when I'm just making my normal drive to work. ;)

Easiest just to leave him alone, if he has been done, lets hope it's just a fixed penalty rather than a prosecution, otherwise CCTV may be checked and you might be hauled up for racing.

Disclaimer:
I'm not playing the hollier than thou card
This isn't hypothetical, it does happen in prosecutions especially on roads which do have traffic management cameras.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Dont buy a Type R (Race) if you dont want to be raced ;) I find it brightens up a boring journey when someone tries it then quickly regrets it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts