2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

What combination of decals and grill badge do you prefer?

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Thought I'd set up a poll about this as somebody suggested...I am still undecided whether to have them put on to my deep bronze Type-R which is on order...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you :)

Does anybody know if the decals come off OK should I want to remove them?

Interesting poll results so far :)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Well got mine for nothing so you cant go wrong with that. I wish there was a GT badge

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The poll results have really surprised me so far.

Thank you for voting.

There seems to be a really even split between three of the four choices.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ive been looking for a subtle GT badge did look at getting a golf gti badge and just cutting the i off as they seem about the right size, anyone seen anything on Ebay for Gt's????

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hello

Thought I'd set up a poll about this as somebody suggested...I am still undecided whether to have them put on to my deep bronze Type-R which is on order...
I bought the decals/badge as part of an accessory kit through ebay from Holdcroft Honda. I too am really undecided what to do about the side decals. The accessories are being fitted to my car including the grill badge, ready for me to collect on Friday.

The poll is very evenly split. I am leaning towards not having them on as I agree the car looks fine without them. You guys who don't have them on, was the cost of them a factor for some of you, as they are ridiculously expensive. Also something that concerns me, due to the fact they are expensive, I worry about some little git levering the grill badge off to sell on ebay. So was that a reason that stopped some from fitting them also:?:

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Well, Sweden is well known for being a sensible country FWH.
Wish we had your drinking whilst driving laws over here.
To heck with penalty points, you send them straight to the Nick, I beleave.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Well, Sweden is well known for being a sensible country FWH.
Wish we had your drinking whilst driving laws over here.
To heck with penalty points, you send them straight to the Nick, I beleave.

I usually tell visitors that they will be shot to death by the police if they think about looking at a drink.

Slight exageration - but the limit is low enough that one beer puts you over the limit.

·
Registered
429 Posts
by the way voting for this is for thetype r only! i hate it when people star sticking it on thier civics, they have also got to point of sticking stickers on the back (flat stickers as opposed to the emblem) just ooks tacky guys! and remember there is no 5 door type r civic for christ sake!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
by the way voting for this is for thetype r only! i hate it when people star sticking it on thier civics, they have also got to point of sticking stickers on the back (flat stickers as opposed to the emblem) just ooks tacky guys! and remember there is no 5 door type r civic for christ sake!

no worries - I didn´t actually vote in the poll - just posted my opinion in the thread..

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
no worries - I didn´t actually vote in the poll - just posted my opinion in the thread..
I'm sure it wasn't meant the way it has been read. I'm sure vtec-hungry is aware that EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion wether or not they actually own a Type R. Its what you think looks best in your opinion.

It wouldn't do if we were all the same :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got my last CTR badge ripped off the back leaving 2 big holes in the paint. It cost my £12 from the dealer to replace. I didn't pay the obscene amount of money for the badge/sticker kit because it is a rip-off and more than likely some scumbag will rip them off my car, especially considering how lucrative a business it could be by stealing them! The size from the old badge to new is same and they are both made out of the plastic so how come the old badge was £12 from the dealers but the new one is multiple times that amount! Honda are rip-off merchants! I would sooner draw a Type-R badge on the front using crayon than let myself get raped by Honda greed! Grrrr!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was lucky enough to get mine for free, and personally i think the decals and grill badge to enhance the look of my red CTR. I do think £100 or so is quite a lot considering you got them for free on the previous model. When i picked the car up the dealer said the grill badge was a nightmare to fit! lol (Glad i didn't have to do it myself)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts