2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys..

Bit of a random/specific question. I'm currently planning to get a decat mani (Tegiwa or Japspeed) along with a FlashPro. I wanted to keep the stock exhaust as I've read in many different threads that there is a motorway drone with a decat mani + any other exhaust system.

Will my gains be restricted this way due to the oem exhaust?

Another option is buying something like a Milltek with a Cat welded in, apparently there is no drone but obviously the cat will affect some of the lower range responsiveness etc.

Which one would be a better trade off?
Will I see gains with Milltek + CAT vs just decat mani with stock exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
If you buy a manifold you will loose the cat anyway mate.....if you got Flashpro just get manifold and Milltek with a removable cat fitted for mot time ....I think you will regret it if you get hondata which I assume your going to have custom mapped and not do all your mods first ....but to only my opinion pal

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you buy a manifold you will loose the cat anyway mate.....if you got Flashpro just get manifold and Milltek with a removable cat fitted for mot time ....I think you will regret it if you get hondata which I assume your going to have custom mapped and not do all your mods first ....but to only my opinion pal
Yup, I'm aware of loosing the cat with the manifold, I was just wondering if there are is huge difference in gains with without the drone, Decat Manifold + OEM exhaust (or is this too restrictive?) VS Decat mani with milltek + removable cat.

I don't want to run without the CAT if I get an exhaust due to the amount of drone issues posted on here, but I'm also aware that the CAT will affect responsiveness.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Performance-wise you apparently won't lose a massive amount of power running the OEM exhaust as the manifold is the key to unlocking the mid range.

It's not the best layout / materials / diameter but will keep the noise down for the trade off of a couple of bhp.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Yup, I'm aware of loosing the cat with the manifold, I was just wondering if there are is huge difference in gains with without the drone, Decat Manifold + OEM exhaust (or is this too restrictive?) VS Decat mani with milltek + removable cat.

I don't want to run without the CAT if I get an exhaust due to the amount of drone issues posted on here, but I'm also aware that the CAT will affect responsiveness.
Ok i get wat your saying...i woukd defo go for decat mani with milltek and have a removable 200 cel cat... I dont think it woukd be that droney if you have the cat welded in just under the driver seat area of the exhaust

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a decat mani, scorpion exhaust and skunk 2 air filter..
I was running the flashpro group n base map and the midrange was much better than standard.
Unfortunately selling the flashpro due to having to fund a clutch replacement ?
The flashpro is a great edition and that flatfoot shifting is a real fun treat

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Hi I've got a Flashpro custom mapped by Romaine at eurospec with a Gruppe M, piper manifold and sports cat with a genuine TODA exhaust which sounds quiet round town gently burbling at part throttle and fantastic in VTEC right up to the 8600 gearchange ☺ And it's no noisier to my ears or dronier than stock at 70 mph on a motorway. And I've got a huge push in midrange now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts