2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after not much deliberation as i new i was going to pick a civic anyway. I am going to the dealer on wednesday to order my Type R i got my quotes back on saturday and it was only going to be 19p more for a type r than a type s with coulour coding etc that really made me smile culdnt believe that.

Thanks to those for chipping in with information about both cars its been really usefull.

Now i need to pick a colour im torn between the Milano Red and the Nighthawk Black, choices choices.

Ash

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Well you will have to live with the colour. ALL Colours get stone chips, but the black is very good at showing scratches and swirls so I have been advised. I have a Milano Rad one as its the colour in the brochure and they always used the best colours for these, but have you considered Silver??? It looks great! :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont think im gonna bother with much extras not that fussed just need a car that drives well looks nice and has a cd player radio. Maybe an iphone connection but ive read the ones that are honda fitted are quite limited

Im a bit of a DIY enthusiast so may do a few odds n bobs my self.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I deliberated on this for ages, i was torn between black, red, and silver, let me tell you i got silver with rages and wouldnt ever look back, it is the business!, black is only good when clean and our country is just too wet too much of the year, plus it shows chips & scratches like a ba*****d!, red is nice but is soooooo common and im sure will have an impact on resale value, at least wont be seperated from the other millions of em'!

Be different and get silver!

If its gotta be milano or nighthawk then go for black.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Dont think im gonna bother with much extras not that fussed just need a car that drives well looks nice and has a cd player radio. Maybe an iphone connection but ive read the ones that are honda fitted are quite limited

Im a bit of a DIY enthusiast so may do a few odds n bobs my self.
Are you going for the GT :?:

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
If it`s a choice between Night Hawk Black and Milano Red (the only two colours that make the Type R look Amazing:cool:)

It has to be Red, my last car (RX8 ) was black, it looked great when clean and shiney, but trying to keep it that way was a full time job.

Check my avatar,
The Splitters look so much better on a Red R;)

·
Banned
165 Posts
I have the black one, I love it. I've seen quite a few silver ones around and to tell you the truth it has grown on me. Probably coz I so want a white type r and silver is kind of the closest...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not sure if im going to go for the GT version what are the major diffrences and are they recomended. Im not keen on sunroofs!!!

Only extra things im really bothered bout would be an ipod/iphone adapter might give the DIY parking sensors a go. Thats about it.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Black does look good after a wash, but is a pain to keep clean and does show every mark. My car was a cancelled order so I didn't choose the colour (but only waited 7 days!)- if I had, I would have gone for the Silver. I think it looks stunning and a little less understated than the Red (though, the CTR looks great in all colours IMHO)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Almost everyone will say go for the GT as thats what they have, Just buy what you really want,I went for the standard car as I (personally of course) think the car looks much better with the mesh than the fog lights, Also of the other extras I doubt there value (to me) as I had most of them on my RX8 and hardly ever used them, The main difference is climate control which everyone is obsessed with these days, we all managed without it a few years ago so why is it a divine right now, Have a good luck and decide what you want although I admit that you do get a lot for £1000 premium it just wasnt for me:)

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red

-H :)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Red is the fastest colour by miles , its a no brainer.,

·
Registered
480 Posts
I am looking to get a type r gt too and I have the same problem! I currently drive a red car so I don't know if I fancy a change. But for sure either colour is going to look HOT!!:cool:

The black is £380 dearer and it shows scratches like a b**** so red would be my prefered choice!

·
Registered
31 Posts
It seems to me that nearly all CTR's I see on the road are either red or black and a handful are silver. I wanted something slightly more individual so I went for the deep bronze.
Although, as with all dark colours it does show dirt reasonably quickly, also stone chips are unavoidable even if you are careful, there is always some knob in a scooby that cuts you up at the motorway exit, so with that in mind silver might be better as stonechip damage is not as immediately obvious.

Nevertheless, be an individual - go for deep bronze

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
SILVER mate is the best, Take a look at mine [smilie=cheeky-grin:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts