2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think these would look good on my Type S? Or powder coating my Type S alloys? Or just to hold out for some Rages (rare find)?

Type R Alloys on eBay (end time 19-Jun-11 16:50:12 BST)

As you can tell by reading this I am quite undecided at the moment! I think dark rims will not show the brake dust because I have found that the brake dust appears so quickly especially on the rear wheels!

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Also thought about having my alloys powder coated but think it would look tacky. Wheres the H logo in the middle of them alloys?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are they ep3 wheels? Go 18" i reckon and gunmetal will really suit your car
Yeah they are, I presume the bloke has a reserve on them though! I'm actually now going to only consider bigger wheels if I did change them as it would be pretty pointless changing like for like, especially as mine are only a few months old, and gun metal like the blade's (rare find) like on a post who had it tinted I saw a few weeks ago would look good.

Also thought about having my alloys powder coated but think it would look tacky. Wheres the H logo in the middle of them alloys?
That's a good question actually hopefully he would still have them! I don't think it would look tacky but would probably only consider it if they were damaged, I'm just fed up with all the brake dust every day!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
That's a good question actually hopefully he would still have them! I don't think it would look tacky but would probably only consider it if they were damaged, I'm just fed up with all the brake dust every day!
Yeah theres a pic on here somehwere of the Type S ones powder coated. Still undecided on them. think the shiny look does look a bit plasticy but if it was in matt black/anthricite I'm sure they'd look good.

Although it does seem 18's are the way forward.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there? I haven't been able to find any Type S's with powder coated standard wheels, have you got a link to it? Cheers for your opinions :)

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Hi Dan
If you have a look at my photos i have the Powder coated 18" Thunder Alloys on, and unfortuanately have sold the car today but kept the alloys, these will be for sale in the next week on here.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi I would be interested in them they look really good, are they in excellant condition and with tyres?

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Also very interested in the 18" alloys. Hopefully you'll be able to show us some pics.

Are there still tyres on them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts