2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was holding out to see what the new type r was gonna offer. I'm sure it'll be a monster to drive but I can't accept the aero styling.

So I'm gonna charge the fn2. I live near Glasgow and have my own hondata.
I need some advice from people who have gone down this line about kits to get about 300-320bhp. Which kit, which source and who tuned it for you?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to have to forge the internals so charging is the best option for me I reckon. Just wanted some advice on kits and tuning

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
Mine is charged with the Rotrex Driveshaft kit and running circa 400bhp, it was installed by TTS Performance themselves as it is their own kit but can be installed by TDi North.

Mark Hagan previously had the Rotrex Supersport kit and was running circa 370bhp.

He changed to TDi Norths turbo kit which he preferred and again I believe is running around 380bhp at low psi, but I'm sure Mark will give you more details.

Turbo or Charger is each individual's preference,btw neither of our cars have forged internals.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Drive your car to tdi north, hand over £6700 pounds(700 ish for clutch and fitting if you don't have an uprated one already), go back in 2 weeks and you have a 370hp monster. Lol

You will obviously need to think about suspension, lsd, brakes if not already done, so budget 10k if you want a complete package.

No need to forge anything if you are only running stock wastegate pressure.

Alternative is rotrex based kits, gives you same kind of peak power but lower torque else where in the rev range.

Roots type supercharger(jackson or comptech) will give you the 300 hp you are looking for but with no cooling for charged air.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I've got a comptech supercharger on mine it's running 307bhp and 205 ft lbs
Great fun and the noise from the charger is amazing
You can cool then now and get a smaller pulley at 2.95 or 3.00 with a after cooler kit from America which works out about £800
I think and this is just think that will run 330-340
Please Correct me if I'm wrong

·
Banned
881 Posts
I've got jackson super racing charger and love it. The charger wine is very addictive and the car can easily surprise a lot of big boys out there :)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Ct charger seems to be the best option for me I think looking at all the above sites. CPL sell the kit. Got the clutch and suspension brakes for this power hike. Any concerns over lightened flywheel with charger set up?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
It is a good charger Id recommend the cpl cold air intake aswell
I'm getting a wavetrac lsd and new clutch installed in a week and I was advised against a lighter flywheel although the quicker reving will be good it's not in my opinion worth the drop in what is precious torque in a car that doesn't produce alot of torque and already revs easy
Plus the drop off and jerky Ness isn't to my taste
A new manifold is a must but again in my opinion

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got the cpl intake just haven't updated my siggie. So I had a shot of an ep3 with uprated cams running 255bhp 195ftlbs, revved out to 9000rpm. TDI cams would hit these sorts of figures fitted and tuned for 1500 quid. The car was very drivable, more low down and mid range grunt, with the mods I've got I'm sure I'd get the best out the cams maybe with a ported intake. Think I'll need to get to tdi and see what's on offer cam wise. Budget has been stripped to £2500 due to grown up stuff :(

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I've got the cpl intake just haven't updated my siggie. So I had a shot of an ep3 with uprated cams running 255bhp 195ftlbs, revved out to 9000rpm. TDI cams would hit these sorts of figures fitted and tuned for 1500 quid. The car was very drivable, more low down and mid range grunt, with the mods I've got I'm sure I'd get the best out the cams maybe with a ported intake. Think I'll need to get to tdi and see what's on offer cam wise. Budget has been stripped to £2500 due to grown up stuff :(
that EP3 won't make 195ftlbs or anything comparable to a comptech charged setup, which can make 320-330bhp without a charger cooler. However I've seen an FN2 on here get around 270bhp (I think it was 268?) with the tdi north drop in cams. You want either skunk2 inlet or hybrid racing induction to max out airflow, consider a 3" exhaust too otherwise you may only get 250 odd which barely justifies the price of the cams

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lsd, rpc flywheel and Exedy stage 1 clutch now in place. I think a 3" exhaust will be a must no matter what route i go but I'll stick with the CPL intake for the moment as I like the crisp throttle response from the set up.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to try the car on track properly first before charging, if I'm struggling in the bends I'll be getting brembos and coilovers before adding more power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts