2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on getting the GP kit and getting an induction kit at some point
Im thinking to declare the induction but the gp kit?
Also i have a the type r sports grill on atm should i be drclaring that too or?

thanks
James

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,675 Posts
Im planning on getting the GP kit and getting an induction kit at some point
Im thinking to declare the induction but the gp kit?
Also i have a the type r sports grill on atm should i be drclaring that too or?

thanks
James
Anything non standard to the car should be disclosed, whether you do or not is up to you.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
What I'd do with the grill is ring and ask them how much it would increase you premium "if" you bought one. If it increases your premium by £100. Probs wouldn't but if it does then it isn't worth declaring because you could buy a new one for around that price. It wouldn't void your insurance by not declaring it. It just wouldn't be replaced like for like.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,675 Posts
What I'd do with the grill is ring and ask them how much it would increase you premium "if" you bought one. If it increases your premium by £100. Probs wouldn't but if it does then it isn't worth declaring because you could buy a new one for around that price. It wouldn't void your insurance by not declaring it. It just wouldn't be replaced like for like.
It would with some insurers & I know what I am talking about ;)

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Really? I thought they couldn't void insurance for something like that. It happen to you or do you work for an insurance company?

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,675 Posts
Really? I thought they couldn't void insurance for something like that. It happen to you or do you work for an insurance company?
If an insurer deems it appropriate to charge an additional premium for a mod then they consider it to be an "increased" risk. By not declaring it they have the option to void the policy.

In some form I have worked in insurance since leaving school ;)

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Fair do's. But, with something like the grill, how can they prove that it didn't come standard when you bought the car? Mine is a type s but has the Perspex grill. But there are other type s that have the sport grille. How would you go about that?

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,675 Posts
Fair do's. But, with something like the grill, how can they prove that it didn't come standard when you bought the car? Mine is a type s but has the Perspex grill. But there are other type s that have the sport grille. How would you go about that?
Well in the scanario you gave,you have already tipped them off by asking how much extra :lol:

In reality just a grill change you would probably get away with.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Haha yeah I suppose your right. But I Agree that you would get away with the grill. I hope so cos I want to replace mine but don't want to pay more for it.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,859 Posts
My nephew's 'lexus lights' and bodykit on his Corsa didn't actually void his insurance when he had an accident last year, BUT he was hit by a bill from his insurer for the extra amount they calculated he should have been paying (had he declared these mods). They really had him by the balls, he had to pay several hundred pounds in back premiums before they agreed that his insurance was valid. They are truly evil, and - in relation to notifying modifications - you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't!

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
The only thing they'd say is if you had an accident they just wouldn't pay for the part just give you the standard versions price. Besides I doubt very much it'd make a difference otherwise people wouldn't put so many mods on such as lowering, spacers, tinted windows I would be very surprised if it made a difference.

It would be stupid as we all change our alloys too and bulbs to better ones do you also add them it'd be far to stupid.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i thought that you could change the body and tinit,lower etc but anything with performance they say to notify them but also all of the above extra they say they will not cover so say you bought the gp kit on a standard type s then they will not replace the gp kit but replace with standar parts.
but depends on insurance companies
also there is something on alloys aswell but i think thats just going from standard hub caps to full alloys but beecause ours cars come with alloys as standard changing them shouldn be a problem.

·
Tormented by Mods
388 Posts
i always thought that any thing that is actually a honda product or honda extra like gp kits, grills and interior details did not have to be declared as they are a genuine honda product and the insurers do not know if it was on the car in the first place i have various packages extras on my CR-Z but when ask the total price the car is worth i included these packages in the overall value that way they are covered well that what i was lead to believe when speaking to my insurer

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
i always thought that any thing that is actually a honda product or honda extra like gp kits, grills and interior details did not have to be declared as they are a genuine honda product and the insurers do not know if it was on the car in the first place i have various packages extras on my CR-Z but when ask the total price the car is worth i included these packages in the overall value that way they are covered well that what i was lead to believe when speaking to my insurer
Don't worry about it cause that would have been optional extras if u got it from a showroom when they originally came out. Things like gpkit and city pack etc you defo don't need to declare.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts

Don't worry about it cause that would have been optional extras if u got it from a showroom when they originally came out. Things like gpkit and city pack etc you defo don't need to declare.
Depends who you are insured with I got asked if the car had any optional extras like bigger alloys, spoilers etc. I would notify them on any change. A lot of the time they aren't bothered and note it on your policy but don't charge extra, as with my grill and light spy vision tints

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Who are you insured with they'd never bother with optional extras if that was the case car dealers wouldn't be able to sell extras so would be pointless. Think you need to shop around their taking u for a ride.

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
you had best go read your insurance policy. mine states that they must be informed of any additions to the car which either change its performance or perceived value. i.e. as mine.is a 1.8 ex if i put on a type r grill it would alter its perceived value as some dumb ass might mistake it for a type r and steal it.

Sent from me, using tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 81 Posts