2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people on here have declared their various additions to their CTR's to their insurance providers? Only mod I have is an HKS rsk at the moment but was considering dropping it with eibach lowering springs as well. Just not sure about the whole insurance situation! I'm 23 just now and my last renewal for my fn2 was about £600 which I don't fancy jumping up by hundreds if I'm honest!

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,676 Posts
This same comment crops up numerous times a year. You should disclose most mods to insurers. Anything that is added to the car. Or replaced with a performance part etc.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
If you don't declare all your modifications, you are technically unisured - not good. Why do you ring your current insurers first and ask them how much your premium would increase by if you added the Eibach springs?

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
I'd strongly recommend disclosing all modifications - there's various reasons for this

1) You have an accident you don't get paid out
2) If you cause an accident, where somebody else gets hurt - and the police investigate and discover you haven't disclosed MODS... you are in a hell of a lot of trouble (happened to someone i know)
3) If you get caught out by your insurer, they can VOID your policy, meaning you are really going to struggle getting insurance in the future.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I declare things like alloys, spoiler or springs. I wouldnt declare a replacement part, like a panel filter, better brake pads or discs. Maybe im wrong but hopefully i never get to find out.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I'd strongly recommend disclosing all modifications - there's various reasons for this

1) You have an accident you don't get paid out
2) If you cause an accident, where somebody else gets hurt - and the police investigate and discover you haven't disclosed MODS... you are in a hell of a lot of trouble (happened to someone i know)
3) If you get caught out by your insurer, they can VOID your policy, meaning you are really going to struggle getting insurance in the future.
this

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Not forgetting if say your 1400 quid mugen spoiler gets robbed or your £800 alloys get lifted, then your left with no help with replacements, always declare mods, most only up premiums if you increase power some do if you alter suspension though

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Not forgetting if say your 1400 quid mugen spoiler gets robbed or your £800 alloys get lifted, then your left with no help with replacements, always declare mods, most only up premiums if you increase power some do if you alter suspension though

Mine went up 20 percent for changing the grill on a 2.2 for a stealth one from Cox!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Really :eek: I've added mugen spoiler, mugen grille, gp pack, vented bonnet and no increase in policy didn't even have to pay every time I added a part, im crossing fingers they don't hit me with a big premium this year to make up for it

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have declared all my mods, piece of mind really, worth a phone call to your insurance co to see if they will charge you for it, the rest is up to you

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not paying through my nose that much ... 6 months of working 80 hours a week deserved a little treat in my eyes :D

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
If all you've got is an aftermarket air intake and springs then its not going to cost you the earth to declare them and have peace of mind. Its normally just a few quid to add a modification to your insurance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was just on the phone with my insurance today and declared my new alloys. Didn't really make a difference. Try Greenlight insurance that sponsor civinfo as I gave them a ring and they let you add lots of mods without charging you any more for your premium. Maybe worth a phone call.:)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts