2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this at my local dealer. Don't see many in this colour. Looks great in the flesh :cool:

How many did they make in this colour? Rare I'm guessing.

Can see it's had a few changes. Not sure about those wheel though.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Sorry. I'm questioning myself now. Might have saw it yesterday. Enjoy it buddy. Very nice car.
Haha, not to worry. It would have been there yesterday until about 12:30 I think. I honestly didn't think the missus would be into it, at all - I'd asked her to try a Civic as an alternative to what we were looking at and she did. The dealer's own photos looked awful, I nearly cancelled the appointment. Glad we didn't!

I'm certainly looking forward to nicking it!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I saw it in the morning as it was outside. Last of the Type Rs and it was well looked after by the previous owner. He went on to but an FK2 Type R.

Will she leave it as it is or modify it?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Well for now it'll probably be kept standard. As we have a warranty with it we are most likely limited to "honda-approved" parts, which is fine as the only thing I'm eyeing up at present will be a Mugen air filter.

It's got a limited slip diff in it too - so that's covered already. It steers brilliantly - my first drive of a civic and I was really impressed.

The two owners must have really babied it, it's got scarcely more than 10,000 miles but has still been serviced every year, on time. And it was immaculate, as you've seen. We both quite like the wheels too, and I like the front bumper - any idea if that was an option or something? I am guessing it's a mugen part, given the fact their name is on it.

The thing is ludicrously practical for a hatchback too, I swear there's more room in it than some estate cars - especially with the seats folded.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought it only had one previous owner. It probably had a service plan on it ��

That's the Mugen (copy) grille not bumper.

I love the drive on mine. Handles so well.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I thought it only had one previous owner. It probably had a service plan on it ��

That's the Mugen (copy) grille not bumper.

I love the drive on mine. Handles so well.
They told us two - but I wonder if it was a pre-reg?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Yeah - where I'd expect a fog light is a bit of a red bung?

Any particular reason for it, is it an option/extra/whatever?

I know on some BMW ///M models the fog lights get deleted and become air intakes, this just looks like a bung though - not an intake

1 - 20 of 29 Posts