2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A herd of deer bolted across the road in front of me on my commute this week. Luckily they were a little way ahead and I almost managed to stop before hitting the last one.

Result is broken clips on the n/s headlight, bent headlight mount (I think I can bend back) and a missing tow hook cover.

Does anyone have a spare towhook cover in blueish silver?!

·
Registered
155 Posts
A herd of deer bolted across the road in front of me on my commute this week. Luckily they were a little way ahead and I almost managed to stop before hitting the last one.

Result is broken clips on the n/s headlight, bent headlight mount (I think I can bend back) and a missing tow hook cover.

Does anyone have a spare towhook cover in blueish silver?!
how was the deer more importantly?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it ran/limped off, I stopped and had a look around but couldnt see anything - it was dark.

Just spoken to Cox motor parts and a new headlamp, bumper bracket and tow hook cover comes to £113, not too bad.

Tow hook cover on it's own is about £17, madness compared to the headlamp unit at about £80.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
A bloke at my old firm got hit by a deer, he was in traffic and it came bounding along the field next to him and ran straight into the side of his car dented the wing, creased the bonnet and smashed the head light :S

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
My Uncle hit a Stag at high speed many moons ago. *put down your food now* Luckily it semi exploded and rolled under the car! No one had the balls to come out and help when he limped he's car into the next petrol garage (days before mobiles apparently! :D ) The whole thing was covered in....well you get the picture.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
There's an old (and entertaining) 'roadkill' Thread, some where in here - perhaps [FWH] can add this Thread to it ? ...

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
There's an old (and entertaining) 'roadkill' Thread, some where in here - perhaps [FWH] can add this Thread to it ? ...
Any idea where I can find that thread?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.