2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I replaced two front tyres today and expected the deflation warning to come on but nothing. Should it come on or not, is there a settings not set correctly etc.

Any help is much appreciated.

On a different note, I got the Bridgestone Turanza t005 based on some good reviews but I really don't like the look of the side wall compared to the originals. The old ones had what I can only describe as having a 'lip' and it just looks a lot better. Am I being pedantic? My missus thinks so.

·
Administrator
20,956 Posts
If you've replaced 2 tyres on the same axle then the DWS may not trigger as it's based on wheel rotation which will/should still be the same.

It's when you replace one tyre and the newer stiffer tyrewall causes a difference when it triggers. Then triggers a few more times, up to about 300 miles, when the tyrewall has softened up with use.

If you want you can reinitialise it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The short distance drive from garage to home wasn't long enough distance to trigger the DWS. Today was the first proper drive to work and after about 2 miles the DWS came on. I shall recalibrate the the sensor. Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had a rear puncture at the end of last year, it must have gone down so quickly that I could hear and feel the tire but the DWS didn't detect it until I'd put the space saver on :wink3:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a rear puncture at the end of last year, it must have gone down so quickly that I could hear and feel the tire but the DWS didn't detect it until I'd put the space saver on :wink3:
Yes, a common problem with systems which work off ABS counts.

But having TPMS sensors is also a pain - I had an amber light on for nearly six months on my other car, until I put a new sensor in.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,252 Posts
Mine came on this morning. Pulled over to check and all 4 tyres were 3psi under the normal 35 I put in? Not sure if it's due to the hot weather yesterday but odd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts