2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I ordered mid Sept and got my advance within 3 weeks. I guess I got in just before the majority of orders.

I did hear some who placed orders in early Aug still ahvetn received their cars. Any new orders are all now March/April 2023.

· Premium Member
1,074 Posts
So if UK stayed in the EU, the trade agreement would have been in place and in turn Honda would have stayed.

I think its a conbination of events that has caused majority of the issues with new cars.

1. Brexit. The uncertainty of trading with UK etc was all up in the air (and still kinda is with the pound turmoil).
2. First Covid global lockdowns- which in turn lead to world chip shortages. But this "chip shortage" can't be used as an excuse anymore- as its been long enough as manufacturing was ramped up late 2020.
3. As Honda cars are now manufactured in Japan, there is a 6-8 weeks shipping time.

· Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Ordered 15th September and arrived on 6th October. White Advanced.

These are the numbers for advance model from Brindley Honda:

Date of production completion: 04-12-22:

Grey: 84
Red: 58
Black: 46
Blue: 95
White: 72

Shipping estimated between 6-8 weeks.

· Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Mine came covered is sheeting. The bonnet and other key areas was cover with stickier sheeting. The wheels were also covered.

The truck driver must have taken a wrong turn i guess as double decker buses normally carve out the trees and larger bushes on main roads.

Other option is get a discount and also get Honda/dealership to pay for respray in the UK. Personally if its really bad then I would re-order - or ask for next (same model spec) on delivery truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts