2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,497 Posts
I remember watching a program years ago, not Honda, but it was showing the differences in build strategy in Japan.

In Japan, if one part just won't fit during the time the conveyor allows then the conveyor is stopped allowing more time to get a correct fit. Elsewhere the conveyor keeps going under a 'best fit' strategy.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,497 Posts
I guess the UK problem is that they need to conform to the, often silly, EU regs, and RHD.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,497 Posts
Jap domestic cars are RHD so aren't the rest of the world the odd ones out?
Yes, Japan are RHD but they don't have all these driver aids required.

My Jazz has :

RDMS
CMBS
ACC
LKAS

One bonus that 11G owners might detect is that the speedo calibration is a LOT more accurate. Another EU law that when using the latest 'safety systems' the speed has to be very accurate for when the car 'sees' a speed sign responds accordingly, if selected, which I don't.

The EU regs regarding/including speedo accuracy :

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,497 Posts
I'm not the only one, as posted on the Jazz forum, but I've also had a call from the dealer offering me £1k more for my Jazz than I paid for it, as have others.

Dealers seem desperate for year old used cars.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,497 Posts
47.6 is OK if you were mainly motorway at 70mph with heaters, wipers and a new tight engine.

The e:hev scores mainly round town and under 50mph.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,497 Posts
Surprising that the Civic only returns around 50mpg round town. This is where my e:hev Jazz excels.

I did a 16 mile round trip in Greater London, mainly on 20 and 30mph roads, never got above 40mph, and the trip comp recorded 120mpg

As I've posted before, my rule of thumb is :

70mph = 50mpg
60mph = 60mpg
50mph = 70mpg
40mph and under, 90mpg and over is possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts