2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
I have an Advance in Blue, not sure when it was ordered I think early September or possibly late August, took delivery on 10th October. It arrived in the dealership early in the morning of the 6th October.

Like Keefy when I was discussing the Civic with my General Manager initially he was suggesting waiting until after the launch which was supposed to be 16th/17th September which was later changed to 24th/25th September. As I was going to be abroad on holiday 11th until 24th September, asked him what was the availability of the Blue and the Honda logistics system was showing only 18. After further discussion he agreed to order a Blue Advance on the condition that the test drive went OK and I could get in and out of the Civic. Getting on a bit and in recent years been driving CRVs and HRVs.

My dealership have delivered around 10 as of 18th October, mixture of Advances and Sports. At least 3 Blue, couple of Black and White.

· Registered
41 Posts
Highly unlikely that Honda will increase the size of the UK production run as they batch build for the different markets i.e. if they decided to increase the UK production run by 20% that would delay the start of EU production run for example.

· Registered
41 Posts
Emailed the general manager of my dealership tail end of last week re Civic delivery dates, been dealing with him for 15+ years.
He replied this morning and advised that the earliest delivery for any trim/colour is September, the issue is not parts but sales outstripping supply.
Honda had the same problem last year with the 3rd gen HRV, not if sure the decision is being made by HUK or HJ.
On both the 2nd gen HRV and 10th gen Civic Honda stopped building the diesel then a number of months later the petrol with delivery of the 3rd gen HRV e:HEV and 11th gen Civic e:HEV around 6 months later.

I also ask him about launch dates of new models this year.

He advised in me 2021 that the product line up for 2022/2023 would include the new BEV 3rd quarter 2022, 11th gen Civic last quarter 2022 ,6th gen CRV first quarter 2023, Jazz/Crosstar (mid model change) 3rd quarter 2023, there was no mention of the ZRV at that time.
There's no official news but he advised that the CRV, ZRV and the BEV (HRV size) are all estimated to launch Oct/Nov 2023.
Not quite sure I believe Honda will launch all three within two months, I suspect at least on will launch in 2024.

· Registered
41 Posts
Not disagreeing with you, but see attached screenshot which I am sure I received from my general manager prior to Covid.

6G CR-V Hybrid and 6G CR-V Plug In Hybrid were never due in Q1 2023. They are due Q3.

The e:NY1 (BEV) is also due Q4 as of this moment in time too.

Attachments

· Registered
41 Posts
Queried my dealership general manager last week why if going into the Honda Civic configurator web page there was no Elegance showing. He replied today saying he had no idea and that it was strange. He then advised that no colour or trim is available until October now, not sure it that's for anyone ordering a Civic today or for ones already ordered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts