2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Agree.
Honda left the UK because with an EU trade agreement making Japanese imports simpler/cheaper they did not need a factory in Europe full stop. So they moved production back home to bolster the domestic economy.
Nothing to do with Brexit.

All they now have is a whopping warehouse in Belgium and a smaller one here in the UK.
That is why some parts now take several days to arrive from Belgium rather than next day from UK.

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Watch it you two.
There have already been warnings and suspensions issued for getting too personal in threads recently.
Don't forget that moderators review every thread and can take action instantly if necessary.

Best to ignore people and not pour petrol on the fire.

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
I have probably said this before but once the EU had signed a trade deal with Japan (over car imports) Honda did not need a factory in Europe full stop. We were the unlucky ones who were hosting it.
They would have left Brexit or no Brexit.

The main European Honda warehouse is in Belgium so was unaffected by our exit from EU and is why some parts now take longer to arrive if they are not in the UK warehouse stock.

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Reminds me of when I worked in defence electronics and the designers went off and designed wonderful state of the art circuit boards without consulting the manufacturing team.
When they were told that we did not possess machines capable of the precision required to built such things they looked like a right bunch of twats.
Have they forgotten the basics of joined up business?

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
actually saw someone driving the Honda-e recently :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(n)

just happened to be a woman of what appeared to be 60+ years old, must have a good pension to pay £36k+ for that!

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
A small business owner in Sunderland bought 3 and had them vinyl wrapped

Personally I couldn't live with the interior
Taxable deduction for the advertising budget.
Can see the benefit in that especially if he can charge them at the business premises.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts