2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Trying to get a feel for situation regarding orders.

For those lucky enough to have already received your new car, it would be appreciated to know:
Grade, colour, order date and collection date.

For those still waiting, it would be appreciated to know:
Grade, colour, order date and estimated handover date.
Mine is an Advance in blue which I ordered on 27th August - it was handed over to me on 11th October but I know it was delivered to the dealer at least a week earlier as I saw it coming off the transport

On the day I ordered it the New Business Manager at the dealership confirmed that there were only 9 blue ones and I needed to make my mind up about the colour - not sure he meant in the UK Honda stock or the dealer stock

As far as I know - only three others have been delivered to the dealership - one in white one in black and one in red - I believe all three were Sports

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an Advance in Blue, not sure when it was ordered I think early September or possibly late August, took delivery on 10th October. It arrived in the dealership early in the morning of the 6th October.

Like Keefy when I was discussing the Civic with my General Manager initially he was suggesting waiting until after the launch which was supposed to be 16th/17th September which was later changed to 24th/25th September. As I was going to be abroad on holiday 11th until 24th September, asked him what was the availability of the Blue and the Honda logistics system was showing only 18. After further discussion he agreed to order a Blue Advance on the condition that the test drive went OK and I could get in and out of the Civic. Getting on a bit and in recent years been driving CRVs and HRVs.

My dealership have delivered around 10 as of 18th October, mixture of Advances and Sports. At least 3 Blue, couple of Black and White.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Ordered 15th September and arrived on 6th October. White Advanced.

These are the numbers for advance model from Brindley Honda:

Date of production completion: 04-12-22:

Grey: 84
Red: 58
Black: 46
Blue: 95
White: 72

Shipping estimated between 6-8 weeks.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,294 Posts
I guess the UK problem is that they need to conform to the, often silly, EU regs, and RHD.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,294 Posts
Jap domestic cars are RHD so aren't the rest of the world the odd ones out?
Yes, Japan are RHD but they don't have all these driver aids required.

My Jazz has :

RDMS
CMBS
ACC
LKAS

One bonus that 11G owners might detect is that the speedo calibration is a LOT more accurate. Another EU law that when using the latest 'safety systems' the speed has to be very accurate for when the car 'sees' a speed sign responds accordingly, if selected, which I don't.

The EU regs regarding/including speedo accuracy :

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, Japan are RHD but they don't have all these driver aids required.

My Jazz has :

RDMS
CMBS
ACC
LKAS

One bonus that 11G owners might detect is that the speedo calibration is a LOT more accurate. Another EU law that when using the latest 'safety systems' the speed has to be very accurate for when the car 'sees' a speed sign responds accordingly, if selected, which I don't.

The EU regs regarding/including speedo accuracy :

Interestingly if you don't choose to have the speed limiter activated on the Gen 11 Civic when you pass a speed sign the traffic sign recognition brings up the speed and a little red dot appears at that point on the speed dial - the traffic light recognition also flashes but makes no sound - I like that

·
Registered
35 Posts
Highly unlikely that Honda will increase the size of the UK production run as they batch build for the different markets i.e. if they decided to increase the UK production run by 20% that would delay the start of EU production run for example.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got a Sport on order in red. Ordered on the 23rd September, should have been delivered to the dealership on the 14th October.

They were given another couple of dates but it still hasn't arrived and nor have a number of other cars including a demonstrator for the dealership (Holden Norwich).

I saw the stock system when I went for my test drive and it showed the number of cars for each spec and colour hence I ordered red.

I get that there are supply chain issues, but at the point of placing my order those cars would have been on a ship so it's just a case of allocating stock already in transit. In my case I have even been given the VIN number and a reg number and have signed the finance paperwork for it too.

Holden have said they think something is going on in the background and are trying to find out more, but clearly something is up as surely the car just needs to be transported to the dealership.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I've got a Sport on order in red. Ordered on the 23rd September, should have been delivered to the dealership on the 14th October.

They were given another couple of dates but it still hasn't arrived and nor have a number of other cars including a demonstrator for the dealership (Holden Norwich).

I saw the stock system when I went for my test drive and it showed the number of cars for each spec and colour hence I ordered red.

I get that there are supply chain issues, but at the point of placing my order those cars would have been on a ship so it's just a case of allocating stock already in transit. In my case I have even been given the VIN number and a reg number and have signed the finance paperwork for it too.

Holden have said they think something is going on in the background and are trying to find out more, but clearly something is up as surely the car just needs to be transported to the dealership.
At the time I ordered, system showed 6 blue Advance as being available, with October delivery. Rightly, or wrongly, I assumed these to be launch stock, already in UK. If not already in UK, arrival would be imminent. I wasn't given VIN, but was given a list of available reg numbers to choose from, I also did sign up for minimum finance (just to get the £1,000 contribution + 5 year service plan).

I complained to Honda, but (minimal) answers to date don't make sense, so I'm pushing back. I have been given an expected delivery date of March 28th.

·
Registered
73 Posts
At the time I ordered, system showed 6 blue Advance as being available, with October delivery. Rightly, or wrongly, I assumed these to be launch stock, already in UK. If not already in UK, arrival would be imminent. I wasn't given VIN, but was given a list of available reg numbers to choose from, I also did sign up for minimum finance (just to get the £1,000 contribution + 5 year service plan).

I complained to Honda, but (minimal) answers to date don't make sense, so I'm pushing back. I have been given an expected delivery date of March 28th.
It doesn't make sense. There was obviously a sizeable allocation of cars so where have they gone?

And given that they're right hand drive UK-spec models, they'd be no use to the rest of Europe so it's not like they'll have been sent to another country.

I can understand that there could have been a stock system problem showing more allocation than was actually available, but with the dealership being told that the car would be arriving within days you'd think someone would have checked whether the cars were actually in the country.

Which makes me think that either Honda is setting up a new business line in telling almighty porkies, or the cars arrived into the country and there was a problem.

·
Registered
73 Posts
And the dealership has just called to say they've been told that a number of cars are being delivered at the end of next week. The logistics company aren't confirming to the dealership which ones will be on the transporter.

I wonder if Honda has changed logistics providers? Something seems very broken.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
And the dealership has just called to say they've been told that a number of cars are being delivered at the end of next week. The logistics company aren't confirming to the dealership which ones will be on the transporter.

Most curious. I hope my dealer also gets a similar call.

I would agree that things do look pretty broken at the moment.

My complaint to Honda was a complete waste of time. They just apologised and didn't answer any questions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can imagine that those who were quoted a 'firm' delivery date are really peaved at the extended delivery delays now being estimated.
When I placed my order for a white Advance on 29th Sept, I was told that shipping dates to France were not great, and even on eventual arrival at a northern French shipping terminal, that road transport to my location in the SW could take several weeks. This is due to an ongoing crisis of insufficient transport drivers (aggrevated further since Brexit) and also frequent disruptions due to the French 'national pastime' of strikes and mass demonstrations. At the time of placing my order in Sept the ball-park estimate for delivery was "early spring".
Obviously I would like to think this may be brought forward, but if not it could work to my - indeed our advantage. I've always been a believer in philosophical optimism.......
Given that deliveries commenced in Sept in Japan and Europe, and knowing Honda's quest for quality, it's possible that feed-back of any anomalies from early adopters could be rectified on vehicles either already on the production line or in pre-production phases. If this was the case it would alleviate the necessity of having to return the car to a dealership to incorporate a modification service bulletin. Bottom line is, keep a positive attitude - as DelBoy Trotter would say, "You know it makes sense!";)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

Any sign of this actually happening?

21 - 40 of 81 Posts