3,254 Posts
A work mate is waiting for a new seat its allready 3 months late
It's not only honda
Another I know is waiting for a kia shortage
Ordered in May for. Sep delivery no news yet as to when that's ready

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah there are a lot of issues with the chip shortages - But I'm not aware of other manufacturers telling their dealers that a car would be with them the next day and then still not have delivered it more than three weeks later.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,294 Posts
I'm not the only one, as posted on the Jazz forum, but I've also had a call from the dealer offering me £1k more for my Jazz than I paid for it, as have others.

Dealers seem desperate for year old used cars.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dealers seem desperate for year old used cars.
Yeah, there is just not enough stock anywhere. I know of several people who have been offered great deals on 2019 cars that were coming up to the end of the PCP and the dealers were desparate to have them back.

But the thing is.... Most of those cars did very few miles over the past two and a half years so particularly if it's a Honda there's not much point replacing it.

It makes much more financial sense to finance the balloon payment and own outright a low-mileage car. If the dealer wants it back that badly, you know it's a bad deal for you.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Was doing a search to see if there were any updates kicking around. Didn't see anything for Civic, but the similar thread for HRV's makes for interesting reading...

HRV Delays
Nothing interesting about it or indeed, unique to Honda.

Pretty much every OEM is suffering:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Still no sign of mine :(

I spoke with the dealership again this morning and they have no update from Honda. The DP is trying to find out what is going on but they're not being told much.

This is one of the disadvantages of the more 'independent' dealership network that Honda has; they lack the clout to bargain with Honda.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Collected mine this morning!

It certainly is a looker. Very pleased with it.

My assumption is that it was a cancellation. It came with mud flaps fitted, which dealer did not charge me for - result! Not something I would have chosen to have fitted, but perfectly happy that they're there.

Was a bit disappointed with MPG on drive back from Hull to Dunfermline - only got 47.6. But, weather was pretty crappy.

Impressed with the Bose sound system.

Now just have to figure out how everything works...

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,294 Posts
47.6 is OK if you were mainly motorway at 70mph with heaters, wipers and a new tight engine.

The e:hev scores mainly round town and under 50mph.

·
i-Dtec
6,299 Posts
Good deal!

Mother-in-law lives in Hull, so often down there anyway.
Ah fair enough. I have the Halbeath one on the phone every other month. By the time I decided on a Gen10 I went to Stirling instead.

The e:hev scores mainly round town and under 50mph.
Pretty standard for all electric cars, once they hit the motorway their range plummets faster than the Tory Party ratings. I travel with a guy from work had a Smart ForFour EV and now a Corsa E, he uses the A Roads to go to work instead of the faster M8 for this reason.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts