2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Ah fair enough. I have the Halbeath one on the phone every other month. By the time I decided on a Gen10 I went to Stirling instead.

Pretty standard for all electric cars, once they hit the motorway their range plummets faster than the Tory Party ratings. I travel with a guy from work had a Smart ForFour EV and now a Corsa E, he uses the A Roads to go to work instead of the faster M8 for this reason.
I did my test drive at Halbeath (after I'd already placed order elsewhere). They told me Stirling had a blue one, so I drove straight across to have a look. Was very relieved that I liked it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
47.6 is OK if you were mainly motorway at 70mph with heaters, wipers and a new tight engine.

The e:hev scores mainly round town and under 50mph.
49.6 MPG on the drive home after collection, From Guildford to Middlesbrough. And I wasn't hanging about!

It's now dropped to 47.5MPG with mixed driving, maybe weather dependant.

Nowhere near the claimed numbers.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's now dropped to 47.5MPG with mixed driving, maybe weather dependant.

Nowhere near the claimed numbers.
What numbers were you expecting or hoping for?

My old mans HR-V Hybrid is the same....gets 60mpg for fun around town....a little less at higher speeds on the mway....

Equally, my 1.5T CR-V gets 50-55mpg on the mway....(who needs a Hybrid!) and happily gets 30-40mpg round town.....

Swings and roundabouts....

·
Registered
14 Posts
What numbers were you expecting or hoping for?

My old mans HR-V Hybrid is the same....gets 60mpg for fun around town....a little less at higher speeds on the mway....

Equally, my 1.5T CR-V gets 50-55mpg on the mway....(who needs a Hybrid!) and happily gets 30-40mpg round town.....

Swings and roundabouts....
I wasn't expecting the official quoted figures. It is what it is!

I need to give it 6 months to see how the average pans out, it's still early days. Not sure about 'running the engine in' when it's driven by
an electric motor :unsure:

·
Registered
338 Posts
If its any consolation, on the 5-day test drive I had with a Civic Advance, I clocked up around 400 miles and saw urban MPG around the 48 mark and up to 56 on the mway.

Lots of variables will affect performance from the weight of your foot, traffic, environment etc...hybrids are more susceptible given their set up is primarily geared towards lower tailpipe emissions, not economy (all to keep the tree and eco mentalists happy).

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,294 Posts
Surprising that the Civic only returns around 50mpg round town. This is where my e:hev Jazz excels.

I did a 16 mile round trip in Greater London, mainly on 20 and 30mph roads, never got above 40mph, and the trip comp recorded 120mpg

As I've posted before, my rule of thumb is :

70mph = 50mpg
60mph = 60mpg
50mph = 70mpg
40mph and under, 90mpg and over is possible.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So there's an update, and I think this is starting to make some sense at last.

The car has arrived at the dealer's compound. But it has got damaged on the transporter - Apparently a few cars have been lightly scratched by going under some trees and it's one of them.

They're going to take some pics and send me them so I can make a decision on whether I'd be happy with it or if we need to cancel and order another.

Frustrated isn't really the word. A cynical person might think that the car has been damaged a while and Honda have been waiting for insurers etc before deciding what to do. That would tend to explain why it suddenly failed to turn up back in October.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So there's an update, and I think this is starting to make some sense at last.

The car has arrived at the dealer's compound. But it has got damaged on the transporter - Apparently a few cars have been lightly scratched by going under some trees and it's one of them.

They're going to take some pics and send me them so I can make a decision on whether I'd be happy with it or if we need to cancel and order another.

Frustrated isn't really the word. A cynical person might think that the car has been damaged a while and Honda have been waiting for insurers etc before deciding what to do. That would tend to explain why it suddenly failed to turn up back in October.
Nightmare!!

Would there be an option for compensation? Accept the car with some refund?

Or go back into the waiting game for another :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah I've already asked about a discount and they seem receptive. But I just don't know if it's what I want. I suspect it'll look fine in December but rubbish on a gleaming day in June, and I don't tend to change cars every 3 years on PCP.

Red wasn't actually my first choice so given I'm already on the fence, it feels like ordering a box fresh one in blue would be a good option.

The annoying part is the loan car will need to go back at some point and we have sold our second car because we had the Civic coming.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Mine came covered is sheeting. The bonnet and other key areas was cover with stickier sheeting. The wheels were also covered.

The truck driver must have taken a wrong turn i guess as double decker buses normally carve out the trees and larger bushes on main roads.

Other option is get a discount and also get Honda/dealership to pay for respray in the UK. Personally if its really bad then I would re-order - or ask for next (same model spec) on delivery truck.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts