2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
81 - 100 of 137 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
I have spoken to two dealerships today about ordering a new civic. One dealership told me the estimated delivery would be September 2023.

The second dealership said they are not able to place orders with Honda for the new Civic at present but would take a £500 deposit to go onto the dealership waiting list for when they can place orders with Honda.

Anyone else been quoted the above statements

· Registered
13 Posts
I have spoken to two dealerships today about ordering a new civic. One dealership told me the estimated delivery would be September 2023.

The second dealership said they are not able to place orders with Honda for the new Civic at present but would take a £500 deposit to go onto the dealership waiting list for when they can place orders with Honda.

I order my Honda Civic in advance grey on the 3rd of January but was told the same as you that no civic was available to order on the system I was told June/July delivery but if they can't order then that date will be delayed no doubt I was told they are waiting on an update from Honda regarding more availability coming in but they have no idea when that will be I phoned a few dealers and all said the same it's absolutely shocking that you can't even place an order for the new civic at this rate Honda will have no customers left if they don't get more availability soon I will be looking at the Nissan Qashqai E Power

· Registered
394 Posts

According to various sources, parts are impacting production in Japan.

Orders for the Civic 11G and 11G CTR for the UK/parts of Europe are all on hold. No ETA on when this restriction will be lifted.

Your dealer isnt lying.

If someone is desperate for an 11G, just wait for the demo's to come on sale and buy one of those - far cheaper too.

· Registered
161 Posts
The dealership Guarantees the equity in the car I'm trading in so I know the numbers will not change.

I will just wait and see what happens in September which is the dealerships best guess for delivery. I have the option to cancel the order and have a full refund on my deposit if the delivery goes back further.

It must be very frustrating for dealerships as well as customers, its just a waiting game.

· Registered
13 Posts
According to various sources, parts are impacting production in Japan.

Orders for the Civic 11G and 11G CTR for the UK/parts of Europe are all on hold. No ETA on when this restriction will be lifted.

Your dealer isnt lying.

If someone is desperate for an 11G, just wait for the demo's to come on sale and buy one of those - far cheaper too.
It's just getting ridiculous don't understand why they have halted new orders they could still take the orders but just update on delivery time when more parts become available halting orders means losing customers where's if they were still allowing orders and just updating customers on delivery times regarding first come first served then I think a lot of customers would be happy with that right now all Honda is doing is leaving customers in limbo land regarding new orders even going through don't see the point in bring out a new car if you can't order it

· Registered
394 Posts
don't understand why they have halted new orders
I thought that that was very evident - supply issues.

they could still take the orders
Er no - because if they cant be fulfilled, dealers would have to reimburse a great many customers.

halting orders means losing customers
Wrong again. If orders cant be placed, there is no net material loss. This issue is not Honda-specific. Its afflicting all OEMs. Go and ask the EV lunatics waiting 2+ years for an ID3 milkfloat.

don't see the point in bring out a new car if you can't order it
Again, you have no idea about the bigger picture. The same was true for the HR-V Hybrid when it went on sale in late 2021. Supply and component issues. No point taking orders for something that cannot be fulfilled, especially when the originating supplier based in Japan is telling UK dealerships that very same thing. Really not that hard a concept to grasp - its been going on since before even COVID arrived. 🤷‍♂️

· Registered
4 Posts
Paid a deposit on a sonic grey Advance on the last week of Dec.

Was told back then that there was no date on the system for grey Advances, although interestingly they mentioned that orders for the blue and red Advances were being taken at that time for estimated delivery in June/July. Personally love the sonic grey, though, so holding out.

Am getting periodic courtesy updates every couple of weeks, but not anticipating the situation to change any time soon for the reasons discussed.

· Registered
13 Posts
I thought that that was very evident - supply issues.

Er no - because if they cant be fulfilled, dealers would have to reimburse a great many customers.

Wrong again. If orders cant be placed, there is no net material loss. This issue is not Honda-specific. Its afflicting all OEMs. Go and ask the EV lunatics waiting 2+ years for an ID3 milkfloat.

Again, you have no idea about the bigger picture. The same was true for the HR-V Hybrid when it went on sale in late 2021. Supply and component issues. No point taking orders for something that cannot be fulfilled, especially when the originating supplier based in Japan is telling UK dealerships that very same thing. Really not that hard a concept to grasp - its been going on since before even COVID arrived. 🤷‍♂️
With respect to what your saying I get it but Honda would loss customers if they decide to go with another car manufacturer that is still taking orders then they have lost a sale to them also I read the latest news regarding delivery lead times if Nissan Kia and other manufacturers can get hybrid cars in a four month time frame then so can Honda they are just not trying hard enough or more than likely the UK has been snubbed cause of the Brexit **** in favour of other countries

· Registered
394 Posts
With respect to what your saying I get it but Honda would loss customers if they decide to go with another car manufacturer that is still taking orders then they have lost a sale to them also I read the latest news regarding delivery lead times if Nissan Kia and other manufacturers can get hybrid cars in a four month time frame then so can Honda they are just not trying hard enough or more than likely the UK has been snubbed cause of the Brexit **** in favour of other countries
Oh please.

Enough with Brexit. That has got nothing to do with it. And if you believe it has, pray tell, why are Honda orders across the EU halted? Did they Brexit too? 🤦‍♂️

As for orders, well, Nissan/Kia etc are hardly paragons of quality versus superior Japanese built Honda's. Sunderland Nissans and Slovenian/Slovakian (I think?!) built Kia's are hardly comparable when the models you refer to are not a match for the Civic.

Apples to oranges. You said you "get it", but reading your comment, you really do not get it I'm afraid otherwise you wouldnt have said what you did. Of course, you're entitled to your view.

· Registered
13 Posts
Oh please.

Enough with Brexit. That has got nothing to do with it. And if you believe it has, pray tell, why are Honda orders across the EU halted? Did they Brexit too? 🤦‍♂️

As for orders, well, Nissan/Kia etc are hardly paragons of quality versus superior Japanese built Honda's. Sunderland Nissans and Slovenian/Slovakian (I think?!) built Kia's are hardly comparable when the models you refer to are not a match for the Civic.

Apples to oranges. You said you "get it", but reading your comment, you really do not get it I'm afraid otherwise you wouldnt have said what you did. Of course, you're entitled to your view.
Look, if other manufacturers can sort things out so can Honda all I'm saying is they have until the end of February to sort this out if not I will be going with another manufacturer and that is a sad state of affair since I have bought every Honda Civic Gen since the 8th but am not going to wait forever. All I'm saying is they should be trying to get this sorted as soon as possible my dealership said they were getting an update on the 6th of January regarding new orders coming available, but since that date has passed nothing no more information has come from Honda Japan my dealership says they have had no contact since the 6th of January regarding why no update has come through it isn't inspiring confidence when manufacturers don't update regularly. I also know my dealership is frustrated with the situation as they have had customers walking away due to not being able to order last message I had with my dealership said they don't know what is going on and have no update from Honda Japan I'm just praying they sort it soon because I'm willing to wait a bit, but not forever.

· Registered
13 Posts
Sorry @Steven_1292

Impossible to read what you wrote on that slab of text.

Not even a single full stop or comma in it. Ridiculous.
Really Lol like am gonna sit and do grammar mistakes for talking to someone random on the internet I've got better thing's to do and I'm not gonna argue with you anymore it a waste of time unless you work for Honda then you should not be speaking on their behalf.

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Watch it you two.
There have already been warnings and suspensions issued for getting too personal in threads recently.
Don't forget that moderators review every thread and can take action instantly if necessary.

Best to ignore people and not pour petrol on the fire.

· Registered
13 Posts
Watch it you two.
There have already been warnings and suspensions issued for getting too personal in threads recently.
Don't forget that moderators review every thread and can take action instantly if necessary.

Best to ignore people and not pour petrol on the fire.
Am not on here to argue with anyone am just here to talk about the ordering issue and any helpful updates people have had from Honda hope someone has an update to provide soon

· Registered
39 Posts
You raise some interesting points but this was not only difficult to read without punctuation, but the suggestion that "UK has been snubbed because of Brexit" has almost Monty-Python zany connotations. The fact is, delivery delays are similar all over Europe and I don't doubt across Asia too.
I'm somewhat surprised, that given you are a dedicated Honda fan and allege having bought every Honda Civic Gen since the 8th, you didn't order the 11th when it was announced and to benefit from the launch promotion too. I still have my 8th Gen (100% reliabilty which still looks and drives like new) and had no real need to change, but on reading the specs on the newly announced 11th gen, realised it was a game-changer and certain to be a winner.
As mentioned elswhere, late in Sept I test drove and ordered an Avance model the same day, and like many others are disapointed with delivery delays, but continue to wait patiently for more promising news.

· i-Dtec
6,466 Posts
Kia etc are hardly paragons of quality versus superior Japanese built Honda's.
And yet Kia still offer a 7 year warranty, Honda are still only 3.

Is the issue with supply when people spec certain "specs"? I mean if you go in with a "what ya got" attitude is there still a long lead time? My mate walked into our local Arnold Shark and bought a brand new Mokka E, drove it away the next week, but he was happy to take what they had. I was on the train a few weeks ago and it goes past the local Toyotas holding site, they had plenty of new stock lying there.

· Registered
13 Posts
You raise some interesting points but this was not only difficult to read without punctuation, but the suggestion that "UK has been snubbed because of Brexit" has almost Monty-Python zany connotations. The fact is, delivery delays are similar all over Europe and I don't doubt across Asia too.
I'm somewhat surprised, that given you are a dedicated Honda fan and allege having bought every Honda Civic Gen since the 8th, you didn't order the 11th when it was announced and to benefit from the launch promotion too. I still have my 8th Gen (100% reliabilty which still looks and drives like new) and had no real need to change, but on reading the specs on the newly announced 11th gen, realised it was a game-changer and certain to be a winner.
As mentioned elswhere, late in Sept I test drove and ordered an Avance model the same day, and like many others are disapointed with delivery delays, but continue to wait patiently for more promising news.
I would have ordered when it came out but money was not so good at the time but in a better position now so that's why I had to order late.

· Registered
394 Posts
am just here to talk about the ordering issue and any helpful updates
Which I duly gave. Not all dealers are aware of the production halt. My relationship with Honda is neither here nor there, I just felt it prudent to answer your Q, which I did :)

And yet Kia still offer a 7 year warranty, Honda are still only 3.
Toyota offer 10 years if serviced with them, so whats your point?

Is the issue with supply when people spec certain "specs"? I mean if you go in with a "what ya got" attitude is there still a long lead time?
Partially yes, depending trim, complexity of said trim and other tier 2/3 supply issues from vendors that were pushed to the brink via COVID. So lead times are impacted as a result of that supply bottleneck.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts