2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Just joined good site!

Ordered my car March 14th 1.8 ex champagne silver with image pack, studio pack and 18" storms, was told a delivery time of 18th May now been put back a month till at least 18th June.
Is this standard for most customers these days with a new car? Are Honda delaying all their customers with these kind of time scales? Do I have an angle to go on with the dealer to maybe barter some kind of compensation etc.

Thanks for any advice / info

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Just massive demand, and if you cancel your order, theyd be able to sell it in days.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I ordered mine late January, and was told that the delivery would be late July. Then again, we don't get as many of these UK built cars over here. Not yet, anyway. Oh, well. Only three more months now... 8)

The ones that are ordered now here in Finland, will be delivered next year. No 2.2 i-CTDi shipped here until next year either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Guys

Purely in the interest of debate Honda are doing something wrong. if you order a car and are given a timescale in which to expect it then that is fair, no promises broken but to be out by 50% of the original estimate indicates there is a failure of their system somewhere.
When I say they are doing something wrong I merely reflecting this situation and not in general as I am well aware they are doing many things very right!
In general are many prospective customers experiencing delayed delivery times or is this a random situation and to what extent?

Thanks

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
My car was ordered on 19th Jan with delivery date of 31st March.....picked up 31st March and they gave me 13 months VED for the cost of only 12 as it was reg'd on 31st. Bang on time, can't fault that. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Horror story with mine, and a useless dealership to boot!

Ordered 11th Jan for a March 1st delivery. Didn't arrive and was told it would be the end of March. It didn't arrive then and was told the first week of April. Guess what......it didn't arrive then, but into the dealership on Thurdsay 13th April.

B******s would'nt turn it around for the evening of Good Friday, despite the garage being open for business and made me wait until Tuesday 18th April, because the Monday was Bank holiday. They told me it would be ready to collect at 10:00am :shock: No amount of reasoning with them could make them understand that if it was going to be ready so early on Tuesday, then it would be ready for a Friday evening pick up!

A case of not wanting to help me rather than not able too I think!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
When using the term "horror story" please bear in mind what happened to me.

Thanks ;)

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I think that for every minus theirs a plus when it comes to telling stories about dealers. I have to say the dealership in Leeds was fantastic...to a point. I actually got my car earlier that the original delivery date, which to me was a big plus. Must admit got messed about with actual pick up time, some fault of my own but more on the dealers part. In the end they managed to squeeze me in.

You would have thought that the system would be better than it is…its not as if Honda have just decided to make and sell cars.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I ordered my car from Avonvale Honda, Shirley, Solihull.

When I went to sign the deposit I made them sit down at their computer and show me on the screen the order.

Their network shows the production schedule down in Honda i.e I had some choices, Silver on on 28th May, seemed to be a cancelled order, it also showed the availability of cars on the build schedule, everything else was 31st July+ due to demand. I have ordered the Silver one (touch wood, should be on that date).

Hence, if you want a car quick, don't be fussy over colour or spec, or it's looking like 12wks min.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
My god they are all trade!!!!! that's why there is a long wait, dealers just ordering to sell on Autotrader :wink: :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nah, these are dealer demonstrators, good spec, but dealers don't pay the VAT on these, if you wanna haggle check it out.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
WonkySights said:
Nah, these are dealer demonstrators, good spec, but dealers don't pay the VAT on these, if you wanna haggle check it out.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Joking :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Did you really print that out, scan it, convert to jpg, then post it online? :D

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
WonkySights said:
Nope..... :shock:
No....I was joking about them buying to sell on Autotrader....that's why I put in a wink and then LOL :roll: :lol:

You need to read the smilies :wink: are you new to forums?

·
Registered
7 Posts
EARLY delivery !

Ordered 1.8 ES Nighthawk black no extras on 6th April, given 21st May delivery date. Had call from dealership this morning the car has arrived TODAY ! a full 11 days earlier than expected :D
slight downside -"..it will take 3 days to prep..." (having SupaGuard done) but 3 working days seems a bit steep? Anyways, pickup Tuesday so still a few days earlier than expected :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 107 Posts