2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Guys, call me dumb, but.... I have read all the threads - well the ones I can find. But I can't find an idiots guide to using the above with the non sat nav dash and steering wheel controls. The help in the book is poor as it is translated very badly.

So far I have pushed and pushed and pushed and held a wide variation of buttons, but can't quite work out what is doing what. I have managed to play a range of tracks, and albums (by author) but I have no idea how I have achieved this.

Any one help me??

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I do agree that the manual is utter crap.

i'll try and explain how to make it work, i personally use the ipod gateway interface as my ipod is located in the glovebox and the ipod user interface is useless to me.

When you first switch to the dension unit, disc 5 is the default number that comes up on your screen, you need to get into your mind that the disc numbers means the following

disc 1 - playlist select
disc 2 - artist select
disc 3 - album select
disc 4 - nothing
disc 5 - parking/playing mode, plays selected playlist,artist,album.
disc 6 - selecting input - 3.5mm, ipod user interface, gateway interface, optional bluetooth.

so for example you had 3 playlists in your ipod, A, B, C and you wanted to play playlist B, you'll have to navigate to Disc 1, and since playlist B would be the second in your order you'll have to select track 2 and then hold down >> on the headunit to select that list. (note while your selecting playlists, the first song is played so you'll know which list your gonna select). You'll also notice that there is an extra playlist after your last one, that is a play all playlist.

disc 2 (artist select) and 3 (album select) is similar in function but using artists and albums as playlists and it starts in alphabetical order.

to select the mode the gateway is in you need to navigate to disc 6 and choose track 1 (3.5mm), track 2 (ipod user interface), track 3 (ipod gateway inferface) and after selecting the track hold down >> to select it.

That's the basic's of using the gateway 100 =)

Seik

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the guide, I have worked out some of the operations but they seem a bit hap-hazard to me :confused:. I'm sure I'll get there.
Is the >> the button on the HU or do I hold the > button on the steering wheel:?:

cheers tony c

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you first switch to the dension unit, disc 5 is the default number that comes up on your screen, you need to get into your mind that the disc numbers means the following

disc 1 - playlist select
disc 2 - artist select
disc 3 - album select
disc 4 - nothing
disc 5 - parking/playing mode, plays selected playlist,artist,album.
disc 6 - selecting input - 3.5mm, ipod user interface, gateway interface, optional bluetooth.

so for example you had 3 playlists in your ipod, A, B, C and you wanted to play playlist B, you'll have to navigate to Disc 1, and since playlist B would be the second in your order you'll have to select track 2 and then hold down >> on the headunit to select that list. (note while your selecting playlists, the first song is played so you'll know which list your gonna select). You'll also notice that there is an extra playlist after your last one, that is a play all playlist.

disc 2 (artist select) and 3 (album select) is similar in function but using artists and albums as playlists and it starts in alphabetical order.

to select the mode the gateway is in you need to navigate to disc 6 and choose track 1 (3.5mm), track 2 (ipod user interface), track 3 (ipod gateway inferface) and after selecting the track hold down >> to select it.
sorry guys, I want to purchase gateway 300 but I have a very stupid question:
I see all this operations (change playlist, artist selection) on my radio display (standard, no NAV) or I need to "keep in mind" where I am??

thanks and sorry for my bad eng.

m77

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have people been able to get the CD Text up on the screen, as all I seem to get is CD and then the CD and track numbers used to navigate. I thought it was possible to get the names on the screen.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
You only need to post your question once dude, i answered in the other dension thread...

·
Registered
1 Posts
text display

Hi Robbieee,

sorry to ask about this again .. i couldnt locate the thread that help to resolve the text display problem.

can you kindly share the steps again.

cheers.

You only need to post your question once dude, i answered in the other dension thread...

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Don't worry about it. If it's the tag info your after, I am afraid it's not possible on the civic. It's not supported on any commercially available iPod adaptor. Maybe in the future.... I am constantly on the look out cos I think the track info would be a nice feature!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts