2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After I´ve tried to make works the xcarlink on my panasonic HU (non-EX), I´m thinking to buy one Dension Gateway 300, but I want to be sure that it will work on my HU. Anybody have mounted a Gateway 300 on a panasonic HU?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I'm thinking about the gateway 300 too and it appears thats it's compatible according to the Dension website. I'm going to research it further and report back.:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I´m thinking about buy it on monday-tuesday. It would be fantastic if anybody can confirm that it works on my HU.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Compatibility

I have contacted the Dension custommer service in France about the compatibility of the Dension products (Gateway and Xcard) and they answer that all of them are compatible with our Civic. Sorry it's in French ;-)

> Bonjour,
>
> J'aurais souhaité connaitre la compatibilité de vos produits
> (particulièrement le gateway 300 ou équivalent si celui-ci ne l'est
> pas) avec l'installation d'origine pour ma Honda civic millésime 2007.
>
> Dans l'attente de votre réponse.
>
> Cordialement.
>
> Laurent NOEL
>
>

Bonjour,

Le Gateway 100 comme 300, ainsi que les XcarLink iPod et USB sont
compatibles avec le poste d'origine de votre Honda Civic 2007. Vous avez
l'embarras du choix, si vous recherchez le produit le plus simple avec
tarif intéréssant nous vous suggérons le XcarLink. Ses fonctionnalités
sont trés proches des Gateway. Ces derniers ont néanmoins plus de
fonctionnalités et vous permettent surtout de rajouter des options tel
qu'un Bluetooth multimédia ou téléphonique.

Cordialement
Translation :
> Hello,

> I would have liked to know the compatibility of your products
> (Especially the gateway 300 or equivalent if Not)

> with the original HU for my 2007 Honda civic.
>
> Looking forward to your reply

Hello,

The Gateway 100 and the 300, as XcarLink iPod and USB are compatible with the original HU of your 2007 Honda Civic. You have a huge choice, and if you are looking for the simpliest product with a very interesting product we suggest you the XcarLink. It has very close functions to the Gateway products. Those one have more functions and allows you to add options like a Multimedia or Phone Bluetooth system.

I Hope it helps ;-)

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I ordered a Gateway 100 + the Bluetooth adapter online only to receive a phone call from them to say that the bluetooth adapter has been discontinued. I can't believe this is true and so will contact another reseller tomorrow.

I have been told verbally that the Gateway 300 will work but not sure I believe them TBH.

I'll find out more tomorrow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi mmmaxxx,

I´m waiting for my new Dension gateway 300 (there was some problems with the send). Its possible that the gateway will be at home the next week (i hope...)

·
Ezermester
151 Posts
Hi!

I installed the Gateway 300 three days ago. I use it as an USB player and an AUX-IN, not for i-pod. It works very good, you can put mp3 fils on an usb stick w/o folders and you can still navigate through artists or albums, w/ folder structure, you also get a navigation through those. As far as tested, there is no need to name the folders in any specific order.

I paid 170€.

Andrej

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was wondering ... product sheet says it plays Ogg & WMA10 that seems to imply that the gateway 300 decodes the files then feeds them to the Aux input (as far as I know, the HU doesn't support those formats).
So browsing through the files & folders is also done by the gateway box ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I believe so. You only send various commands to Gateway, which does all the skipping, playlists, and it makes some sort of info file on the usb stick for faster operation.
Thus a further question : what would it show on the Navi screen ? I wonder.

This stuff looks like the perfect solution : add a hard drive and you have all your music in your car w/o having to carry & plug your iPod (or like)

-- Edit --

I just re-read l-Noel's post and now, I'm confused ... I read on other threads that several guys failed with the xCarLink ... is it a new version ? xCarLink USB is much cheaper than the Gateway & I won't need the iPod connector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi lark, any news about Gateway 300?

I wona to order one, but i don´t know serial number. Distributor need exact specification, because they said, that it´s not available for our Civic. I got Civic Sport with NO satnav.

THX much.
tom

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi men,

Finally my dealer couldn´t bring me the dension gateway 300, so I´ve postponed the buy for a time....

sorry :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi lark,
may I ask why?

So I´m going to order this one: Dension Gateway 300, Honda B, pn: GW32HB1 .

Could anybody confirm, that is the right one? (p64?)

thx
tom

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tommykk, thats the right GW for our vehicle.

My problem was that I´ve bought the gateway through the bmwfaq site, with other people. When we made the buy, our dealer couldn´t find the Gateway 300 HB1 in Spain, so I didn´t bought it :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
lark: I got same problem, but we haven´t dension dealer in CzechRepublic, so Iˇm trying to order it in NL. And its cheaper than anywhere else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey folks,
today i ordered the gateway 300. as soon as it arrives i'll post some info about installing and using the gateway.
so long...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts