2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i'm new here, Someone dented my car pretty bad (rear door, drivers side):mad::(

Does anyone think paint less dent removal will fix the dent or at least close to perfect?

I've contacted some PDR businesses but i haven't had any responses yet.

I've also got quotes from a body shop which I think is too much. replacing the door, he said would cost £450 plus cost of the door which I don't really know what the exact colour is so that would be slightly difficult for me.

There was also the skin option which he said would cost around £750 !

Claiming on insurance will cost me £500 in excess and I don't want to do that.

not sure what to do at the moment, any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Wow, that's a big dent and I have a feeling it will be difficult to remove completely.

I'd be looking at a new door at a scrapyard...would cost much less

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Hi, best option would be ebay or gumtree and get a door the same colour, I had a quick check and there's two on ebay that look the same colour but you'd have to check colour code to be exact, ones on for £75 that's delivered. imind some come as a shell minus glass, door card, window motor or anything attached and some are sold complete but cost a bit more, however these would swap right over and you could do it yourself, it's a big harder if you get a bare door and have to swap everything yourself,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies, do you know where I can find the colour code for my car, I checked the drivers side but cant seem to find it, would it be under the bonnet?

Also what would be a reasonable price to get the door swapped and completely refitted by someone at a garage. I don't see how it can cost £450?

Thank You

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Paint code is on the silver vin plate in the engine bay.

A PDR guy wouldn't entertain that buddy. I'd be looking for a second hand door as has been mentioned. Same colour would be a bonus then the back is the right colour. Will probably still need painting and colour matching down the side. Expect to pay around £400 for the job... plus the door.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Maybe one of these two b538 b537, £450 is steep, as the cars still fine to drive I'd hold on till you found a door the correct colour.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
...on a colour like that it won't match. Trust me, I'm a painter

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Get a door from breakers. Easiest and cheapest option.
The car looks galaxy grey. I had one years ago.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Yep. That definitely isn't Galaxy Grey in the photo. Not sure what it is, but I believe the paint code is on a metal plate on the passenger side?

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
blueish silver i think its called and passenger door when open a silve plate was your paint code on the lower part of b pilar

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it's cosmic grey, found the colour code, its nh674p.

I'll probably look for more quotes from different garages and buy a door used from ebay.

Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Ooops yeah Cosmic grey pearl.

Its in my signature and i still wrote the wrong colour :eek:

The colour was only used for a year i think so pretty rare.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
A Door should cost no more than £150. You might be able to simply get the external 'shell'. Whichever breakers you ring - ask them how much it would be if you P/X'd your dented door.

An independent garage should be able to put a new door on in an hour - £50 max

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts