2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got one they can recommend? My car isn't too bad considering it is 11 years old now but there are a couple of door dents I'd like to sort out. Seeing as I'm likely to get more in the future due to idiots then I think it would be good to get one.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small dents. Just ordered something very cheap. I'll report back :smile3:

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Is it a Dent or a Crease as if a dent, I'd rather try getting behind it and pushing it out.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=remove+dent+with+hot+water

Neil.
Fine in theory but a) it involves removing a lot of trim which can be difficult and b) there are panels that are double skinned where it's impossible to get behind.

Personally I use a Ding KIng which has been great. However, it's all down to technique. If the OP has any issues, then either search the forum as I posted on this before, or PM me. Any issues are usually due to poor bonding between the tool and surface.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They arrived today, they're quite small but I'll see how I get on with them. My car has a few dents that are in unusual places and you can only see from certain angles, with the bonnet scratches and roof dent I reckon someone has had a scrap on the car :laugh2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts