2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello...

anyone with experience with dent removal? do you think the dent in the picture can't be removed 100%? got out to the car this morning and ome overweight man/woman or little kid has damaged my drivers side wing.. there no paint damage just dodgy lighting and a dirty car lol

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
There are some pretty good companies out there now that could prob get that out. Some kids ran over the roof of what is now the mrs car. similar dent in comparison and I have been told that can be taken out with painless dent removal

It all depends on how the paint reacts when the dent is pulled as it might crack

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I would say yes. I've got a guy near where I live and he impresses everytime I've had to use him. Unfortunately for me a few times. I generally stay with the car and watch. The last time I spoke to him he was say the smaller dents are usually harder to remove as they don't have much to work with. So I'd say that would be ok.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks for that.. the big area should come out easily but the major problem could be at the edge of the panel? i emailed one dent remover and he seemed to think it cudn't be done to 100% because of this... autoglass noticed it this morning when he came to replace my windscreen.. absolutely gutted! any ideas on price?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Best way to get rid of that is to get a set of mugen front wings/fenders :p

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
You might be looking between £80 to £100 although that's based on my experience so may not be correct. I usually pay between £40 to £50 for smaller door ones but they can be a pain to get behind, plus I know the guy so normally mates rates.

It may be worth having a look on ebay etc as you might be able to pick up a fender in your colour for around £40 if your lucky. Try and find a Jap scrap yard. Worth I try as it may not be 100% right but depends how fussy you are. If your anything like me then even a small dent does my head in.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I had 6 dents taken out by Dent Devils a few weeks back using PDR. You wouldn't know they were ever there and they were worse than this. That will come out no problem. Probably looking at £30 if you are nice to the bloke :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts