2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right peeps, I have a Desire HD and am trying to pair it with my 08 plate Civic 2.2 EX GT. I've spent the best part of 2 mornings searching the site, google and the universe in general and can't find anything other than usb connections. Has anybody with my gen of Civic managed to Pair an HD with the HFT?

Please be aware that I'm not the most gifted in the technical know-how department but I have managed to pair older phones with the car. Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

Al

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Should be the same as on the Desire, in the bluetooth settings:

1, Select Discoverable (so the car can find your phone)
2, Select Scan for devices

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
The HTC Desire HD does connect with the Civic.

I hadn't noticed this with other phones I have owned, but the Desire HD only stays in 'Discoverable' mode for 120 seconds.

To get to the correct settings page on the phone, when on the home screen press the 'Menu' button then select 'Settings' then 'Wireless & networks'.
Select 'Bluetooth settings', ensure that the Bluetooth is on and then follow the info given by kenP.

It worked for me after a couple of tries :D

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I suspect it's the selecting discoverable stage that might be missing, it's quite easy to miss it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies chaps.

I have indeed followed the instructions and made the phone discoverable but the HFT times out before it can recognise the unit. I read somewhere (in my hours of research) that it was important for the HFT unit in the car to find the phone or there would be problems later on. It's certainly reassuring to find others have managed to pair the desire HD with the Civic so I'm off out to give it another go. Will report back in a bit.

Thanks for your help.

Al

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK - we have success. Yay!

I switched on bluetooth on the phone, made it discoverable and then scanned for devices. I then ran through the instructions for the HFT setup on the car and it found the phone easy enough. I've managed to set up a few numbers and buoyed with my success I'm about to try and pair the wife's old LG phone.

Thanks again for your help.

Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts