2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find the village of 'Whatcote'. The sat-nav showed 'Whatcote, Shipton-on-Stour' but then goes on to ask for the street. Now, I don't know a street name, I just want to go to 'Whatcote'. I tried 'Main and High Street' etc but found none by those names as 'Whatcote' is a very small village. I didn't have a map and couldn't enter by map position as the village wasn't shown.

Is it possible to 'skip' the street name (I brought up the list, but it shows dozens for the whole area) :?:

nb: I have now bought a 2007 AA small Atlas with fine detail that does show 'Whatcote'. Armed with this I can now plot the road area and select by 'Map Position' on the screen so it shouldn't prove a problem in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
do it as a POI lookup, not town lookup :D

bizzare, but has worked for me so far - it just goes for the 'centre' of the place :D

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
PS - I haven't tried it for Whatcote, but it worked with the other places when I got fed up of trying Main / High streets or the TomTom trick of Bristol, street name Bristol :)

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
TTDegs said:
do it as a POI lookup, not town lookup :D

bizzare, but has worked for me so far - it just goes for the 'centre' of the place :D
Can verify that it works. I had the same problem, drove me crazy at the time.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Too true TT, I find myself with these problems and forget about them until I see the post's on here :oops:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
It's the same with niggles - driving the car, thinking - oooo, need to post this up...

Then get on here and get carried away :oops:

Short term memory loss - it's a erm, thingy....

What was I on about? :oops:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oooooh, I wish I'd known that when I was showing our friends how easy the system works. Brilliantly easy. It would have saved my mate from whistling 'Why are we waiting' :!: My wife prodding me "don't muck about with that now!" (leastways I think she said "muck"), and his wife telling him he was "not being funny!". Anyway we ended up at a very nice restaurant in Gaydon (The Malt Shovel) and had a lovely meal and a laugh. :lol:

Just tried it using the POI and 'Whatcote' came up immediately, with a choice of routes as well. :D I'm blowed if I can find that method in the Nav-book though; sure they mention POI routeing, but they don't say about just entering a location like that. :wink:

Thanks Guys. [smilie=coolup.gif]

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I found it by accident - gave up on the attempts with high street or main street etc, and figured there might be a POI near where I wanted to go...

and then stumbled across the answer :D

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Great tip thanks, I couldn't find somewhere or get it in as my destination one day because of that street question :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had the same problem in the Lakes last week, must be a bug in the software. If you do it using the map input option you are asked to enter a town name. The map puts you on the middle of the town - you then just hit enter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had the same problem in the Lakes last week, must be a bug in the software. If you do it using the map input option you are asked to enter a town name. The map puts you on the middle of the town - you then just hit enter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts