2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mate of mine details cars in his spare time. Asked if he would give mine a going over.. he started this morning and sent these teaser pics.... think he done an awesome job. Cant wait to see it in the flesh... will post few more pics when get them

Attachments

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Robbie would be proud of that.... nice one!!:)

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Was gonna say a reconginse that house, its Jims with the perf Blue ST. His car is always gleaming.

Very nice R you have there am totally jealous.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was gonna say a reconginse that house, its Jims with the perf Blue ST. His car is always gleaming.

Very nice R you have there am totally jealous.
it is indeed jim's.... we work together.... got it back today and to say am chuffed is an understatement. As far as know he clayed, then used black hole and AG HD wax... not sure what else but will ask and post it. Just to add to my day came home and found my hekos had arrived so they are fitted now as well. :) as promised a few more pics... minus the blue tape lol

Attachments

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
I wouldn't drive that thing on public roads now. You're going to cause an accident, it's far too shiny.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
as promised a list of the kit / techinque jim used to detail my baby:

Car was pressures washed, snow foamed & APC mix to strip any recent products

Wheels are going to be refurbed soon so they only got a good clean with AS G101, Vikan brushes etc

Megs LT as a lube & Sonus green clay the car was then re-washed & dried using a waffel towel & Megs LT

Test panel on the bonnet resulted in using a SFX 1 pad & Menzerna final finish on the PC.

sonus swirl buster pad & Menzerna 203S

Rewashed & dried the car after polishing and set about appling Poorboys Blackhole on the PC with a sonus black gloss pad. Then finished it off with a coat of AG HD wax.

and the result can be seen in these pics which arent mine but Jim's

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Looks very deep fella you could drown in that black - I did my first paid detail last weekend:) my back was killin me so worth it to see the look on the customers face tho. Really sweet nhb when you get the wheels done will you keep the brake shields red?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dunno... was a bit of an experiment..... not sure.... might gi back to black.. think they look like drums a bit.. or too much red.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts