2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Tyre calibration is where the car uses GPS and tyre size to work out exactly how fast it's going using wheel speed only.

This data could be used to make the speedo spot on, but sadly it's used as part of the ded reckoning on the nav system, so the nav know where you are when there's no GPS signal.

So don't mess with the settings - it will not do any good!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a way to view your gps speed when viewing the map?

FYI used this today to measure my speed; main speedo read 70 on cruise, gps speed fluctuated between 65.7 and 64.3

perhaps its psychological but when the speedo reads 70 it feels like 70 with revs at just under 3500rpm

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Sadly, no.

FYI used this today to measure my speed; main speedo read 70 on cruise, gps speed fluctuated between 65.7 and 64.3

perhaps its psychological but when the speedo reads 70 it feels like 70 with revs at just under 3500rpm
I think it is psychological - the gps speed is the accurate one (so long as your speed is constant).

·
Administrator
21,238 Posts

From memory my previous 1.8 i-shift was showing about 3000 rpm at 70 (certainly nowhere near 3500) whilst my new Auto shows considerably under 3000 rpm at 70.

3500 rpm was more akin to 80 (and the engine note changed at about 3200 rpm and sounded rough and intrusive)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry my mistake it was slightly under 3000rpm not 3500rpm as i said earlier

im not wishing myself on a type r or anything!!!! :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts