2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was speaking to a Honda dealer today about the on-going problems with the Hands Free Telephone, and although he has had no complaints there is a method of checking the mic level when speaking, it is in the diagnostics menu.

To enter the menu hold down the "map" , "menu" and "backup" button on the dash, after 2 or 3 seconds the diagnostics menu pops up, has all sorts of checks for the GPS, mic levels etc. too much for me to go into and try to understand, but maybe one of the more techy peeps can shed light on it.

Honda recommend that the mic level should give the green bars in the top 1/3 when talking into the microphone. I did this stationary and just a normal voice was well in to this area, tried the same thing whilst moving and the background noise is actually higher than my voice when stationary. Might explain a few things. I do not know the purpose of this check, whether it is so you can fine tune the loudness of your shouting in to the microphone when travelling at anything over 20mph.

I am waiting for the full information emailing through and will post it later, not sure if you can tune the microphone to take away the backgroiund or not.

Not sure whether this is off topic, but how many people are actually satisfied with the quality of the calls made using the HFT, want to make sure I am not accusing the system of being poor when there might be a fault, I know we have the How to change the microphone position, but who actually has issues with the mic.

Richierich

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So how many of you who have viewed this thread have just been outside and tried this?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I'm at least 11 hours away from seeing the car again.... :shock:

Can't wait!

Richierich gets gold star of the day.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Wow that's great, not going to bother listing but alot of stuff on there as Potts can do a photo shoot later :wink: , TMC for example is showing that it's getting it's info from 106.2 which is HeartFM in London.

Lots and lots of wierd and wonderful things, tried the mic thing and it says "Recording" but don't know if you need to speak quietly to increse the gain or shout at it. tried the quiet approach and I'll test later when I go out.

Got the TomTom style sat position thingy too that shows positions and if they have a lock or not.

Thanks Rich

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can probably put a [How To] together on how to access the diagnostics menu, but don't know what most of it means.

Perhaps someone can do a [Translation]

·
Registered
73 Posts
OK, not clear, can we put this post in the [How To] forum, please post that email when you get it........... :wink:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have added an [How to] to enable you to access the menu, I can do no more on what each one does.

Hope it helps, and thats what you were after! Going to ring dealer now and get this email hurried along.

Richierich

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Does anyone know how (or if) there is a diagnostics menu for a civic without the satnav?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts