2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Diesel 2.2 EX CR-V (just bought used with 10K miles on it)

I have successfully paired my Blackberry Bold 9700 with the onboard handsfree (Honda HFT) system.

I am able to receive and make calls however in order to phone out I'm restricted to either shouting the whole phone number into the Honda (painful) or using address book entries that I've recorded directly into the car. Choosing a contact on the phone directly and hitting the dial button doesn't work, I just get silence.

I know that when doing this the phone "thinks" that the Honda is handling the audio for the call since it displays the bluetooth icon, however nothing comes out of the car. I am able to swap the call back to the phone by using the menu on the blackberry but this isn't much use.

Does anybody currently have any success using the Honda Bluetooth but dialing the number directly from the phone?

Thanks for reading

Tony

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Does anybody currently have any success using the Honda Bluetooth but dialing the number directly from the phone?
Don't think you can do that, the Honda Bluetooth is over complex imho. The parrot systems are so much user friendly.

You can always call the number from your phone and hang up straight away, the using the hft use the redial command. Not ideal......

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hft

Hi All,
Had the same problem the other day, used the voice command "transfer" which played the audio through the speakers but didn't turn the mic on, ended up having to stop again and use the phone directly:(

·
Registered
7 Posts
The best solution I have found is to call someone on your phone and then hang up a second or two later and then just say redial into the system and then the car calls that person. This is solution was discovered by someone else on another forum but it works for me with my iphone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did the call work?

I tried this at the weekend and my iphone gave me the option of using the Honda HFT for the call.
Did you manage to connect and have a conversation with success?

My wife has an iphone and in her '07 ES CRV (which had bluetooth installed as an option by the original owner) she is able to do as you suggest, eg dial the number/contact from the phone directly and then hit the iphone prompt to take the call over bluetooth and it works. I have yet to try her iphone in my EX but I suspect it probably won't work, I'm sure I'll still get the prompt on the iphone to run the call on the Honda HFT but I daresay I'll just get silence from the car....I'll let you know.

Many thanks for all the replies.

Tony

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't remember actually making a call but just seeing how it would operate as I don't want to set up a full address book in the CRV. Once I saw the Honda HFT as an option on the phone I just assumed it would work. I'll try and make a call this weekend and will let you know the results.

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
327 Posts
I normally either do the phone then hangup and "redail" option or make the call and just move the audio source on the iphone to "Honda HFT" once the call is connected.. its a small annoyance but it works fine..

* just remembered - I still want to move my mic across to the other side of the interior mount to see if that helps with the initial miss-hear when first dialling by name*

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whilst we're at it

has anybody got the CR-V HFT to access the phonebook of their phone? Mine only seems to be able to access the CR-V's internal phonebook , either that or my Glasgow accent just insnae compatible with Japanese voice recognition software ;-)

T

PS i'm using a BB bold 9700

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't remember actually making a call but just seeing how it would operate as I don't want to set up a full address book in the CRV. Once I saw the Honda HFT as an option on the phone I just assumed it would work. I'll try and make a call this weekend and will let you know the results.

Ok, I tried making a call and get the same result as you - no transfer :sad:

I looked through the handbook and couldn't find a way of transferring the address book from the phone to the honda address book.

·
Registered
487 Posts
You cannot transfer the phonebook to the HFT in any other way than vocally entering the numbers and names in the system. Our local Parrot dealer said that they replace CR-Vs' handsfrees frequently.

In addition to the "redial" method there's a way of transferring the call from the phone to the HFT by the handset as well. iPhone has the transfer button on screen while in call and works well. Nokia has the option in the menu and it either works or does not, sometimes it needs to be transferred 2 or 3 times while fiddling the handset/loudspeaker button.

Anyway, Honda's HFT is a piece of anal excrement :police:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.