2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just looking to see if any of you know of any places in scotland that refurb diamond cut alloYs. The mugen alloys have the lips done in diamond cut and the previous owner has been bouncing of the kerbs it seems and now they are a bit corroded aswell so looking for a good job done. My mate at RIM REFURB is gonna have a look but says it might be a bit far gone for him.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where abouts in scotland are you? i no theres a place in dundee called dimond wheels.
Im in Paisley but willing to travel to get a good job done. Im in dundee for a night out quite regularly so i will defo check this place out. Thanks for the heads up mate

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I had mine in Scunthorpe, miles away from you but as a guide I paid £85 pw.a break down of what they did:- tyres off, blasted,(weld repair, lips grinded flush(if needed)),powder coated, baked, diamond cut, lacquered, tyres refitted, balanced.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had mine in Scunthorpe, miles away from you but as a guide I paid £85 pw.a break down of what they did:- tyres off, blasted,(weld repair, lips grinded flush(if needed)),powder coated, baked, diamond cut, lacquered, tyres refitted, balanced.
Is it a like new finish you got done?

I contact the place in dundee and they are £85+vat a wheel. £102 a wheel is a bit exessive, could get a new set of alloys for that kind of money haha. £85 a wheel i would be willing to pay.

·
Vtec Junkie
349 Posts
Wheel master in glasgow, the can refurb diamond faces but cant diamond cut a wheel that hasnt be done before as i wanted to do my stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Was just thinking that its only a very small part of the outer edge thats diamond cut on the lightnings. They said 85 + vat a wheel but maybe thats for a whole wheel refurb where as you only need the edge done. Dont Know if you metioned that when on the phone.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was just thinking that its only a very small part of the outer edge thats diamond cut on the lightnings. They said 85 + vat a wheel but maybe thats for a whole wheel refurb where as you only need the edge done. Dont Know if you metioned that when on the phone.
Yeah i had said to them that it was only the lip but they said its a set price :mad:. Might just visit a few of the local refurbers and see if they can work any magic on them.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I came across the same problems looking to get my rages refurbed. I would have thought that more companies would be offering a diamond cutting refurb as more and more new cars are coming with diamond cut wheels. I gave up and will look into it again closer to summer :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts