2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had my front wing resprayed, and they used Toyota Super Red 3 to paint the car. It is identical to Milano Red. The reason for using the Toyota colour, the Honda one needs a tinted lacqour which they don't have. So I have 7/8 Milano Red and 1/8 Super Red 3.

·
Registered
345 Posts
so you are only 7/8 of a Honda owner now :lol:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Signature up dated.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correction - On closer inspection, Milano Red is slightly redder than Toyota Super Red 3. They are coming back on Tuesday to re-paint the re-sprayed wing. Not only is it a different shade, the red coat is ever so slightly "crazed" and there are bits of metallic filings, fibre and a few "pin holes" in the paint. In fact there are more blemishes on the wing now than when it left here this morning. :cry:

Still, I got my fog lamp replaced!!

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Re: Did you know Milano Red is not unique

richierich said:
I have just had my front wing resprayed, and they used Toyota Super Red 3 to paint the car. It is identical to Milano Red. The reason for using the Toyota colour, the Honda one needs a tinted lacqour which they don't have. So I have 7/8 Milano Red and 1/8 Super Red 3.
Does that mean the car in front is a Honda, a Toyota or a Honota :wink:

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Note to self:- Don't let RR's dealer anywhere near the Civ ...... On the other hand maybe that orange that VW Beetles used to come in would go well with Galaxy Grey???

Seriously Richierich, methinks it's time to get a little cross with somebody responsible.. :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
975 Posts
gotta hate when these things happen, why cant anything get sorted first time round.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
I remember once being told that white was the hardest colour (is white a colour?) to match. Don't know if this is still true.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Note to self:- Don't let RR's dealer anywhere near the Civ ...... On the other hand maybe that orange that VW Beetles used to come in would go well with Galaxy Grey???

Seriously Richierich, methinks it's time to get a little cross with somebody responsible.. :evil: :evil:
It wasn't a dealer, not even a Honda approved bodyshop. Our accident management company use their own approved companies.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
That is shocking. Can't believe they would pay out for a car and then not bother about using an approved dealer for repairs.

I've got a Milano Red touch up paint from my last Civic - I feel like sending it to you for stone chips etc. You'd make a better job than those cowboys.
Hope their horses were well behaved when they "repairing" your car.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They gave me what was left of the paint in case I want to touch it up, dont think so having looked closer at it.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
:)
Milano Red with pink bits!
I think that would look nice.

Are you getting it resprayed the right colour as it does look a bit out of place with a pink wing. Unless you get one of those named sunvisors:p

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Your company probably isn't too bothered, but when I took mine in today to get an estimate for the bumper damage done to my car, I told the Honda chappie I was taking it for a second estimate somewhere else. He mentioned to me that if it wasn't fixed by a Honda approved repair shop, the whole bodywork warranty could be void.

Don't know if that's true or not, but worth bearing in mind if your a private owner. Maybe Martin can confirm this?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wondered about that, but I didn't figure a lease company would want to do that as they have to move it on at the end of the lease. Would be keen to know. How long is the bodywork warranty, as i was planning on buying it for my wife when the lease ends.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Hi richierich, the booklet I've got says "a 3year Paint Surface Warranty (protecting external paintwork) and a 6 year Corrosion Warranty (covers corrosion of body panels and structural parts from the inside out.)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The car is back after attempt 3, it looks great, they guy even managed to get the "orange peel" look that the rest of the car has.

And..... my queaking (;) )dashboard has stopped queaking do you think it could be as it got cold over the last couple of days, only the temp here is back over 20 now and the queaking has stopped.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts