2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My car turned 3 this week, so I thought I might share my experiences for your comments / perusal.

My dealer had the car on the forecourt in December, so this is obviously a MY14 car. My daily commute (3 days per week) is 70km each way, mostly dual carriageway and motorway, with about 6km town driving at one end. I have driven ~ 87,000km and got the car serviced at the prescribed 20,000km intervals. The sum total amount of work I have had carried out under the warranty is:
  • Rear passenger side shock absorber developed a rattle, so was changed
  • MAF sensor failed and was replaced
  • Check engine light came on due to an interrupted DPF regen (I assume). Checked by the dealer but the light was off by the time I got there!
And that's it. The economy of this car is incredible compared to every other car I know doing the same journey. The car is very comfortable, and I would have no issue recommending the car to anyone.

I haven't made any modifications to the car - I like the look of the wheels, and larger diameter rims would not survive long on the roads around my house!

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
I agree, running costs are incredible. Not bad going for 87k with only a shock and MAF Sensor.. I'll have my 2015 Facelift for another 4 year then will probably go for the 10G as I believe they are bringing out a 1.6 Diesel in March which is good as I though my current Civic would be my last as with 25k Miles a year a petrol wouldn't be considered. I'm currently getting about 69mpg on average but this rises to 75mpg in warmer weather.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could definitely get better fuel economy, but I get bored easily and it's a lot of fun accelerating onto the dual carriageway in the mornings.

To give you an idea of how easy a drive I have - I'm still on my original tyres and brakes. There is still at least 3mm of tread on the tyres so I will change them in the summer. I would hope to have the car for at least another 3 years but I am also really interested in seeing the 10G diesel when it arrives.

On a side note - I included links to photos of the car from imgbb in the first post, but they're not appearing for some reason. Not sure what is going on, but I'm sure you all know what a standard 9G Twilight Blue hatchback Civic looks like!

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
I could definitely get better fuel economy, but I get bored easily and it's a lot of fun accelerating onto the dual carriageway in the mornings.

To give you an idea of how easy a drive I have - I'm still on my original tyres and brakes. There is still at least 3mm of tread on the tyres so I will change them in the summer. I would hope to have the car for at least another 3 years but I am also really interested in seeing the 10G diesel when it arrives.

On a side note - I included links to photos of the car from imgbb in the first post, but they're not appearing for some reason. Not sure what is going on, but I'm sure you all know what a standard 9G Twilight Blue hatchback Civic looks like!
I think you have to have more than 11 posts to attach links....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll come back with photos when I get to 20 posts. I thought I had photos up and know I definitely sent PM's before. I'll try to get to 20 posts without just posting worthless spam.

Don't let the excitement and suspense get too much for you, now! :wink3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts