2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Only if you only ever drive in traffic
...I have to drive it for 15 minutes at 60mph ....only if the regeneration light comes on...
That is one of the reasons why I absolutely don't want a DPF: What if I just arrive at work and the light goes on? "Sorry boss, I'll be an hour late, because I have to drive to some highway first to be able to drive 60 for at least 15 minutes. I hope there are no jams. And then I can get back..." Silly!
And the wat happens when you clear this filter? Clogged up soot in the filter, that has even gradually diminished the engine power, has to be "burned" down to smaller particles and then get blown into the atmosphere. These small particles are a far bigger ecological problem then the soot itself! But hey, in the exhaust tests the car is performing excellent!

K.

·
Registered
329 Posts
no need to read the link the dpf might save you a few quid with road tax, but its more headache and ball ache when things go wrong and they need to be maintained and i know its expensive because i use to own one 307 hdi, i promised my self NO MORE DPF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
no need to read the link the dpf might save you a few quid with road tax, but its more headache and ball ache when things go wrong and they need to be maintained and i know its expensive because i use to own one 307 hdi, i promised my self NO MORE DPF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Apparantly they have improved them :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts